City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
After School English Language Arts Specialist
Under the direct supervision of the Education Coordinator, the After School ELA Specialist will assist in the development and delivery of an engaging literacy curriculum designed to align with the school day. Specialists will be responsible for choosing age appropriate books and planning lessons that integrate art, drama, music as well as other content areas. This part-time school year position requires availability Monday - Thursday, 3:00 pm- 4:30pm, plus paid prep time from mid-October to mid-June. For the right candidate there is the possibility for a summer position as well.
Under the supervision of the Education Coordinator, working in conjunction with other key program and school staff, the ELA Specialist will:
• Develop and submit lesson plans and implement curriculum designed to develop students’ literacy skills that meet and exceed NYS standards.
• Lead discussion, drama, art, movement, and writing activities.
• Attend all required staff/planning meetings and professional development workshops.
• Minimum of two years professional experience working with K-5thgrade youth in an after school or community-based enrichment program
• Strong academic skills in English and a love of literature
• Demonstrated experience in leading/organizing experiential learning activities
• Substantial volunteer work will be considered
• Demonstrated interest in the field of education, child development
• Able to work late afternoons and/or evenings
• Well organized, able to work both independently and collaboratively
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
• New York State Teacher Certification a plus
• Previous work experience in low-income communities
How TO APPLY:
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience. To respond, send a cover letter and resume to one of the following:
Email: email@example.com Mail: WHEDco, 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452 Attn: Education Coordinator
WHEDco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco), a Bronx-based nonprofit community development organization, seeks an After School English Language Arts (ELA) Specialist to join its Education and Youth Development Department. WHEDco is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of.
WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity.
WHEDco is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.