City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
The Committee of Interns and Residents/SEIU Healthcare
New York, New York
The Committee of Interns and Residents/SEIU Healthcare represents more than 13,000 resident physicians in California, Florida, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York and Washington, D.C. CIR/SEIU is committed to building a strong national union for resident physicians that embraces our core values of advocacy, community, learning and service to improve the lives of our members and the health care of our patients and communities.
The Associate Director is a senior director position, serving as second in command, responsible for assisting the Executive Director in a wide range of strategic, managerial, operational, and leadership roles, and in specific areas as assigned by the Executive Director.
* Provide day-to-day guidance, training, and supervision for CIR/SEIU staff, a majority of whom work in the national office in New York City
* Drive our organizing culture centered on growing our union, strengthening our hospital bargaining units and engaging our members to build a powerful resident physician voice for health justice
* Work with Executive Director, Controller and CIR/SEIU elected officers to develop the budget and provide fiscal oversight, including asset management and day-to-day spending
* Build strong relationships with CIR/SEIU elected officers and coordinate elected officers and staff on the establishment of national and regional goals and priorities
* Cultivate positive relationships with public agencies, community organizations, and other unions to stay abreast of relevant political interests and trends
* Provide strategic support for collective bargaining, contract campaigns, value-based organizing and new organizing efforts
* Identify and oversee implementation of legal, community, policy and communication strategies designed for growth
* Support the continuous competence and capability of staff to grow and to adjust to the changing work environment
* Support supervisory staff on staff management and conduct staff performance evaluations consistent with established standards and expectations. Promote a goal-driven, measurement-based performance culture
* Support and build relationship between staff union and management
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, PREFERRED SKILLS
* Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree a plus
* Ten years working for a labor union or an equivalent combination of experience in a labor union, and or political or advocacy organization, including managing the day-to-day functions of a busy office
* Experience in collective bargaining and contract administration
* Experience with internal and external organizing programs
* Experience working with and influencing union and political leaders
* Experience working with union-sponsored benefit plans and other union-related organizations
* Knowledge of health care industry a plus
* Demonstrated ability to forge cooperative labor-management relationships
* Experience supervising significant number of staff
* Demonstrated skill and comfort juggling multiple priorities and managing multiple staff, campaigns and programs simultaneously
* Demonstrated ability to influence others and inspire trust
* Demonstrated ability to build teamwork across all parts of the organization
* Ability to work effectively, and cultivate respectful relationships, with members and staff from diverse backgrounds
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Excellent listening, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends
* Ability to travel as needed
* Possess valid driver's license, and automobile for business use as required
We offer competitive pay and an exceptional benefits package including CIR/SEIU-paid medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance plans, CIR/SEIU-funded contributions to pension plan, and vacation, paid holidays and sick leave.
If you feel you are qualified with relevant labor experience, please send a cover letter, custom written for the position, which discusses you as a person and explains your experience.
This employment ad is not a complete statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements. Requirements are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skill, and abilities. Management retains the discretion to add or change typical duties of a position at any time.
Additional information about CIR/SEIU can be found at www.cirseiu.org .
CIR/SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/mqjc52c
How TO APPLY:
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/mqjc52c