City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
School Social Worker
Location: 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY, 10452 Reports to: Director of Family Support Services
Manage a caseload of clients and provide a range of clinical and other services to students and families in a public school setting.
• Provide mental health services to students and their families in the following areas: antisocial behavior, conflict resolution, peer mediation, family conflicts, learning difficulties, substance abuse counseling, domestic violence, crisis intervention, and group work. Make appropriate referrals to outside agencies.
• Demonstrate provision of services in three modalities: individual, family and group support.
• Communicate fluently with students and families in English and Spanish.
• In collaboration with School administrators, Parent/Community worker and the Family Support and Youth Development staff, plan and implement peer support groups and workshops for parents/families, and conduct home visits as deemed necessary.
• Maintain client files and prepare reports.
• Any and all additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
LMSW or LCSW plus 2-3 years of experience in clinical services, case management, advocacy, youth services and child care, preferably in a community and/or job training environment, and must be Bilingual (English/Spanish). The candidate must have an earned, appropriate degree as well as related experience and a commitment to a philosophy of community and individual empowerment and child development. The candidate also must have two or more years of clinical and case management/counseling experience within a multi-disciplinary setting. Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience. WHEDco is an equal opportunity employer.
How TO APPLY:
To apply send a cover letter and resume to one of the following: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please type “School Social Worker in the subject line. Fax: 718-839-1172 Mail: WHEDco, 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452 Attn: Ms. D. Roberts
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco), a Bronx-based non-profit, seeks a School Social Worker to join its Family Support Department. WHEDco is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high- quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See www.whedco.org for more information.