City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Lantern Community Services
This is a full-time position at Hunterfly Trace, located in Brownsville, Brooklyn, which requires a flexible schedule on the 4-12 pm shift with at least one shift on a Saturday or Sunday.
The Resident Manager is a flexible position that adapts to the presenting needs of clients, provides crisis and incident intervention and serves as an integral member of the team in ensuring the overall stability and safety of the program. The Resident Manager ensures the integration of practices and policies that facilitate a respectful and safe environment for all clients. The Resident Manager reports to the Program Director and is a non-exempt position.
• Schedules and performs periodic inspections of various parts of the building, including client units;
• Works directly with program staff to ensure effective operation of the program and services consistent with applicable program policies and procedures, and ensures client needs are met on an ongoing basis;
• Monitors and reviews daily security logs, including: shift logbook, overnight guest logbook and visitor logbook to ensure seamless communication and monitoring of program and clients, particularly regarding serious issues and vulnerable clients;
• Supervises reception monitoring/security services and ensures applicable policies and procedures are followed at all times;
• Provides direct intervention, counseling and crisis intervention services to clients, including de-escalation and conflict mediation;
• Responsible for documenting relevant meetings, interactions and notes into client case records;
• Participates in program meetings to promote efficient communication on behalf clients and/or staff;
• In conjunction with the Program Director, manages the building response to medical, law enforcement and other emergency situations;
• Participates in the client placement process with respect to move-in scheduling, lease signing, orientation and apartment set-up; and
• Performs administrative tasks and other job-related functions, as assigned.
The Resident Manager position requires a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field and/or High School diploma/GED, and three years of management and/or supervisory experience in the operation of a skilled nursing, permanent or transitional housing or community facility, including onsite provision of social services. A demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and act in conjunction with clinical services staff and security activities is expected. Sensitivity to issues involved in working in a diverse organization is essential. Bilingual skills in English and Spanish are a plus.
How TO APPLY:
Please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Note: Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for Lantern Community Services to perform a criminal background check.
Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
Lantern Organization, a not-for-profit housing developer and service provider established in 1997 to strengthen New York City communities, provides permanent supportive housing for more than 1,400 single adults and families living with special needs, including chronic homelessness, HIV/AIDS and mental illness, as well as young adults aging out of the foster care system. Following the Housing First model, Lantern Community Services, the social service affiliate of Lantern Organization, provides a complement of counseling and supportive services to help clients stabilize their lives, maintain their housing stability and advance towards their individualized goals, including financial independence.