City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Location: WHEDco Middle School ExTRA Extended School Day Program at The Highbridge Green School- MS 361 Reports to: Coordinator of Education and Youth Development- MS ExTRA Program Director Job Summary: In collaboration with the program director, school principal and other key stakeholders, the Dance Instructor will lead the planning, development, and implementation of the chess program of the WHEDco MS ExTRA Extended School Day Program at The Highbridge Green School with special attention to activities that will promote literacy, social justice understanding and cultural competencies.
• Design, develop and implement the dance and movement program for students in grades 6 to 8, offering participants opportunities to develop an interest and mastery of the art form
• Lead, supervise and provide guidance to program participants in that elective four (4) times per week
• Create lesson plan; select necessary supplies
• Attend all required staff/planning meetings
• Take on special assignments which pertain to the goals and objectives of the MS ExTRA program
• Encourage and lead projects related to dance that foster academic, cultural and artistic growth
• Maintain Observation and Incidents logs for group
• Minimum two years professional experience working with children in a classroom, after school, or community based environment leading/organizing activities. Substantial volunteer work will be considered
• Familiarity with literacy and whole language teaching methodology desirable
• Able to work late afternoons and/or evenings
• Well organized, able to work both independently and collaboratively
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
• Current, active college enrollment or college degree preferred
• Previous work experience in low-income communities preferred
• Demonstrated interest in the field of education, child development or literacy preferred
How TO APPLY:
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience. WHEDco is an equal opportunity employer.
To respond, send a cover letter and resume to one of the following: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: WHEDco, 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452 Attn: Tiffany Stewart, Coordinator of Education and Youth Development
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco), a Bronx-based nonprofit, seeks a Group Leader to join its Education and Youth Department. WHEDco is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See www.whedco.org for more information. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.