City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Economic and Business
- Housing, Urban Planning, Real Estate
- Advocacy and Community Organizing
- View All Jobs
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
HR&A seeks an Office Manager to support business operations for a 50 person office based in New York City. Key responsibility is to provide office management support and maintain, manage, and improve on business operations efficiency for HR&A's New York Office. Office Manager will report to the Chief Administrative Officer and also work closely with senior management on various business management initiatives.
• Assist in management of administrative support staff, while also providing general administrative support as needed.
• Day to day office management, including maintenance of office space and equipment, general IT support, maintenance of internal databases, and management of supplies and vendors.
• Manage and assist with staffing, recruiting, and human resources.
• Maintain and improve office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems and procedures.
• Manage or support office improvement initiatives, e.g. knowledge management, office remodeling, internal staff surveys, etc.
• Support Chief Administrative Officer on internal management reports and budgets.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in business administration, experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic office environment, demonstrated capacity to manage and multi-task, excellent analytical skills, and resourceful problem solving skills. This position can offer excellent growth opportunities within HR&A.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED - Candidates should have at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration or related field. Excellent attention to detail, management, and organization skills are essential. Strong communication and computer skills (including MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) are required. He/she should be a highly-motivated, independent thinker with sufficient poise and maturity for interaction with internal teams, clients and industry leaders. HR&A is seeking candidates with minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
How TO APPLY:
Please submit cover letter and resume as a single PDF document (maximum of 2 pages) on the HR&A website at www.hraadvisors.com/application-form>www.hraadvisors.com/application-form. Your file must be named in the following format “LAST NAME.FIRST NAME.DATE.” Applications are due by September 2, 2014. For more information, please visit www.hraadvisors.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not call regarding this position.
HR&A Advisors, Inc. (HR&A) is an industry-leading real estate, economic development and energy efficiency consulting firm. We have provided strategic advisory services for some of the most complex mixed-use, neighborhood, downtown, campus, and regional development projects across North America and abroad for clients in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. Whether we are exploring the hidden potential of an abandoned industrial waterfront, developing a financing strategy for energy efficient retrofits for a commercial building owner, or illustrating the economic benefits of parks and open space redevelopment, HR&A creates value by providing innovative and creative solutions to the complex challenges of economic development and real estate in urban environments.