City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Bilingual Social Worker
- Director of Housing and Asset Management
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FOR ADA ADVOCACY
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
After School Dance Instructor, Grades 3-5
Reports to: Director of Education and Youth Development
The Women's Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco), a Bronx-based nonprofit housing and community development organization, seeks an After School Dance Instructor to join its Education and Youth Development Department. WHEDco has worked for over twenty years to build a more beautiful, equitable, and economically vibrant Bronx. We reach over 35,000 people annually through energy-efficient, healthy and affordable homes; early childhood education and youth development; home-based childcare micro-enterprise and food business incubation; family support services; and free arts programming. See www.whedco.org for more information.
WHEDco is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Summary: Plan, lead, and implement a dance program with special attention to activities that will strengthen the self-esteem, foster positive expression and enhance personal growth of program participants.
• Assist in the Development of Dance component with the WHEDCo After School Enrichment Program, working with grades 3-5.
• Position requires availability from 4:00-5:00 Monday through Thursday, starting October 16th and running through June 2014.
• Lead, supervise and provide guidance to program participants in that program elective.
• Encourage and lead a dance program that fosters positive expression and build self-esteem and personal growth.
• Assist in the planning of workshops and special events
• Create lesson plans; select necessary supplies.
• Attend all required professional development training.
• Attend all required staff/planning meetings.
• Take on special assignments, as needed, which pertain to the goals and objectives of all of WHEDCo’s youth programs.
• Demonstrated interest in the field of dance, education, or child development.
• Familiarity with literacy and whole language teaching methodology desirable.
• Able to work Mondays and Wednesday mornings and afternoon A MUST.
• Well organized, able to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
• Current, active college enrollment or college degree preferred.
• Previous work experience in low-income communities preferred
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience. WHEDco is an equal opportunity employer.
How TO APPLY:
To respond, send a cover letter and resume to one of the following:
Mail: WHEDco, 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452
Attn: Director of Education and Youth Development