City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Communications and Marketing Consultant
Sauti Yetu Center for African Women, inc
Sauti Yetu Center for African Women is seeking a marketing and communications candidate to help the organization highlight the impact of the services and programs we operate. Specifically, we are looking for a candidate to create messaging on the issues we work on and help develop creative communication strategies, opportunities and materials.
Sauti Yetu Center for African Women is 10yrs old and we would like to celebrate and publicize our achievements in the past ten years. As we continue to grow, we want a deliberate strategy in communicating our impact and achievements.
•Assist Sauti Yetu staff with day-to-day communications, especially around public policy and advocacy —this will include designing and editing one-pagers, policy briefs, newsletters, action alerts and other advocacy-related materials
•Identify creative opportunities for communicating about our impact
•Expand and strengthen Sauti Yetu social media presence including drafting press releases including maintaining our Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, You tube and other social network accounts, while also tracking membership details
•Create e-blasts for our listserv using Vertical Response
•Respond to current issues and topics of concern by assisting with op-eds, letters to the editor and other forms of written communications.
•Provide consistent media outreach and contacts
• EXCELLENT writing, researching and editing skills; must be proficient in the latest communication and marketing software
• A keen understanding of social networking and social media platforms
• A positive attitude and the ability to take on multiple projects at once
• A background in or desire to learn about African women, women’s rights, immigrant women’s issues, immigrant girls, forced marriage, etc
• Strong marketing, communication and administrative skills
• Ability to communicate complex subjects to wider audience
How TO APPLY:
Please email resume, cover letter, sample of communication or marketing work and three references to: email@example.com. Location: South Bronx (3rd Ave & 138th Street) Compensation: Commiserate with experience
Principles ONLY. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.