City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Students for Education Reform
*Please note we are looking for candidates with 2-3 years of grant/proposal writing experience.
SFER seeks a Development Associate that will be responsible for drafting grant proposals, grant reports, and email communications for foundations and individual donors. The Development Associate will also be charged with tracking our development process, conducting donor research, managing donor events and overseeing our gift acknowledgement process.
The Development Associate will lead initiatives across a variety of functional areas, including but not limited to:
• Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating SFER’s mission and programs to potential funders
• Conducting excellent research, collecting data, and developing background information for proposals
• Assembling grant requests for submission, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations
• Managing a grants calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports
• Drafting written communications to donors
• Project managing fundraising events
• Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals
• Bachelor's degree required
• Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to manage up
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• 2-3 years of grant or proposal writing or copy editing experience
• Previous work with a non-profit is highly desirable
How TO APPLY:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a cover letter explaining why you are an ideal candidate for this position and how you heard about this opportunity. A limited number of candidates will be scheduled for phone interviews.
Students for Education Reform (SFER) is a student movement that champions educational equity for all children, regardless of race or background. SFER develops college students into grassroots organizers who fight for educational justice in their communities.
Why work for SFER? While the work is hard, we approach it with the audacity of believing that students have the power to change the education system and the humility to know it takes time and that thousands have come before us in this fight. We work with urgency, passion, and — most importantly — a lot of joy. We are looking for talented, passionate individuals to join our team and work with us to continue the fight for educational equality.