City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Part Time Media Instructor
Manhattan Neighborhood Network
Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) seeks experienced media instructors to teach different aspects of media production to Manhattan residents. Courses include Final Cut Pro 7 and Adobe Premiere non-linear video editing, field production (camera, shot composition, lighting, and sound), studio production, and graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite).
MNN is responsible for administering the public access cable TV services in Manhattan. Our purpose is to ensure the ability of Manhattan residents to exercise their First Amendment rights through moving image media to create opportunities for communication, education, artistic expression and other non-commercial uses of video facilities on an open and equitable basis.
In providing services, we seek to involve the diverse racial, ethnic and geographic communities of Manhattan in the electronic communication of their varied interest, needs, concerns and identities.
Media Instructors report to MNN’s Manager of Media Education. Responsibilities include:
• Prepare lesson plans and provide instruction to classes of twelve adults
• Evaluate students’ progress and verify competence for certification to use our media center facilities and equipment
• Meet regularly with Manager of Media Education to review curriculum and class outcomes
• Conduct student evaluations
• Expertise in field production with digital video cameras, especially Sony NX5U cameras;
• Expertise in non-linear editing with Final Cut Pro 7 and Adobe Premiere;
• Experience teaching in-studio video production and post-production
• Experience working with a diverse public with varying levels of technical skill
• Must be highly organized and detail oriented
• Flexible schedule for possible weekend work
How TO APPLY:
Application deadline is September 19, 2014. Submit resume and brief cover letter to Teachers@mnn.org . In the subject line, please write “Part Time Media Instructor.” In your cover letter, please specify which of our courses you would like to be considered for.
We will only consider complete applications. Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. No phone calls please. MNN will contact candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is Manhattan’s free, public access cable network. We operate two media production and education facilities in Manhattan and run four cablecast channels (Community, Lifestyle, Spirit, and Culture), reaching 620,000 cable subscribers in the borough.
MNN offers free training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to Manhattan residents who wish to become Certified Producers with MNN.
We actively strive to empower Manhattan residents to exercise their First Amendment rights in an open, uncensored, and equitable forum.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.