City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Licensed Social Worker
Sauti Yetu Center for African Women, inc
The candidate is responsible for providing ongoing vision, inspiration and clear direction for the program. The candidate will lead in defining the program's overall activities, strategies and policy agenda and assures the effectiveness of the program, its staff, volunteers and interns and the quality and impact of its work.
Positions provide intensive, strength-based preventive services that includes but is not limited to individual and group counseling, and wrap around services to victims and their children; and perform other duties as specified.
• Provide clinical services to victims and survivors of domestic violence, and sexual assault
• Responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of all activities of the program in accordance with standards of domestic violence, sexual assault service delivery and funding guidelines
• Responsible for the supervision and management of the data management for program activities.
• Compile, maintain and report on the monthly, quarterly and annual program statistics.
• Analyze trends in the program, identifying issues and developing and recommending solutions to the executive director
• Maintains the program overall public image, reputation and key relationships in the movement against DV/Sexual Assault and sister agencies providing similar services.
• Responsible to provide guidance to the case management staff, provide supportive services to survivors of domestic violence and deliver community education.
• Provide weekly supervision, in-service training and day-to-day guidance to staff and interns working in our programs.
• Ensure staff receives training off-site.
• Lead and manage the precinct project and relationships with the Bronx District Attorney’s Office and local precincts to benefit African immigrant battered women who utilize the criminal justice system.
• Oversees the timely collection and analysis of program data for monthly and/or quarterly program reports, and communicates with all contract managers and funders.
• Monitor program data-base and ensure accomplishments of program activities and outcomes are documented.
• Participates in external meetings, networks, work groups and N.Y.C. based coalitions for the rights of women and girls.
• Recommend policies and procedures for programs that are in keeping the organization’s mission and vision.
• Ensure community education through community radio and television presentations.
• Deliver workshops on domestic violence and sexual assault in the African immigrant communities and in other settings using other C.B.O.s,and religious institutions etc.
The candidate will be a NYS Certified Clinical Social Worker with an LCMSW or LMS degree, and a minimum of two years of providing direct services.
Must be bilingual in French and speak at least one African language. Ability to remain calms and composed under stressful situations. Ability to evaluate and interpret information, make independent judgments and decisions, and communicate with other staff and family. Must have excellent writing, communication and team building skills.
How TO APPLY:
Please Send resume, cover letter, three references, a writing sample and salary expectations to: email@example.com.
ATTN: NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES PLEASE