City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Senior Project Manager for Brownfield Development
Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation
With community residents leading the way, the mission of Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation (CHLDC) is to build a strong, sustainable Cypress Hills/East New York, where youth and adults achieve educational and economic success, secure healthy and affordable housing, and develop leadership skills to transform their lives and community.
We also engage community residents in planning for the future of the neighborhood. CHLDC led a participatory planning process over the last three years focused on the redevelopment of vacant lots and brownfields in the Cypress Hills/East New York community. Through this planning process, local residents established priorities for the future growth of their neighborhood, including deeply affordable housing, green and open space, manufacturing and more community facilities and services. In addition to establishing neighborhood priorities for overall holistic development and balanced growth, the first phase of this planning process also identified sites for redevelopment and recommended increasing density on development sites in order to build more affordable housing. The next phase of the work focuses on redevelopment of these strategic sites for affordable housing, manufacturing, green and open space, a community center and new commercial uses.
The Senior Project Manager will lead this redevelopment process.
Position: Senior Project Manager for Brownfield Development
CHLDC has an opening for one (1) Senior Project Manager for Brownfield Development for our Brownfield Opportunities Area (BOA) Program. This is a full-time, exempt position. The Senior Project Manager for Brownfield Development reports directly to the Community Development Director.
Salary: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00, dependent upon experience. We offer a competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA and 403B plan.
CYPRESS HILLS LOCAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
• Negotiate and manage contract with NYS Department of State focused on redevelopment of brownfields.
• Vet and select consultancy team; manage procurement process and contracts.
• Handle all reporting related to the contract and coordinate financial reporting with CHLDC finance department.
• Convene a Cypress Hills BOA Advisory Board of local stakeholders, government agencies and residents to advise the organization on development of sites and community.
• Assemble and acquire development sites.
• Secure development financing and subsidies.
• Lead development teams of architects, builders, and other consultants to carry out predevelopment activities and construction projects.
• Report to Community Development Director and collaborate with in-house development and sustainability team.
• Supervise Community Outreach Coordinator in educating residents about development plans and rezone, seeking feedback and ideas for community and integrating input into plans.
• Draft workscopes for consultants and bid out consulting jobs.
• Represent CHLDC to government agencies and public.
• Demonstrate commitment to leadership development, community building, and community organizing as strategies for social change.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• M.S. degree in Urban Planning, Urban Affairs, Urban Design or related degree.
• 5+ years direct community development, project planning, underwriting and construction management experience.
• Excellent communication, writing and analytical abilities.
• Bilingual (Spanish-English) preferred.
• Architecture/design skills and/or experience and a familiarity of green building methods and materials.
• Deep commitment to affordable housing, holistic community development and sustainability.
• Dynamic self-starter who is passionate about community development, affordable housing and sustainability.
How TO APPLY:
To Apply: Please forward your cover letter, resume including three professional references to Shai Lauros, Community Development Director at: email@example.com.