City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Assistance Needed for Sandy Relief Efforts
- Fair Workweek Campaign Coordinator
- Program Director- Manhattan
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
New Yorkers for Parks
New Yorkers for Parks (NY4P) is the independent citywide research and advocacy organization championing quality parks and open spaces for all New Yorkers in all neighborhoods. For more than 100 years, New Yorkers for Parks has advocated for all of the city's parks, beaches and playgrounds.
NY4P is seeking a communications professional to fill the role of Communications Coordinator. This individual reports to the Executive Director.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for the preparation and coordination of NY4P’s newsletter, website, daily press clips dissemination and social media activities, and its annual report. The Coordinator will also assist the Executive Director and external communications consultant to implement the organization’s overall communications plan and media strategy.
Within this framework, specific responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating all aspects of NY4P’s website (NY4P.org,), including content writing, site updates and work with external website consultant;
- Producing daily park news clips email;
- Coordinating ongoing NY4P social media activities including Facebook and Twitter accounts;
- Overseeing and writing NY4P’s periodic e- newsletter, including working with staff to develop content, writing text and carrying-out any required website management;
- Assisting NY4P communications consultant with data collection for and preparation of press releases, Op-Eds, letters to the editor and other external media materials as required;
- Writing and working with Executive Director, staff and external graphics consultant to develop and produce NY4P annual report;
- Assisting Executive Director and external consultant with communications strategy development and implementation as required;
- Preparing NY4P testimony for governmental hearings; - Assisting Executive Director and NY4P development staff with preparation of development and special events materials as required;
- Coordinating communications budget, fiscal and other operations matters with relevant staff; and
- Participating in organizational activities including staff meetings, strategic planning, fundraising and other administrative events.
The position requires outstanding writing skills, excellent oral and interpersonal skills and knowledge of and proficiency with computers, all Windows-based programming, online media tools and other technology. Knowledge of HTML code is a plus but not required. Candidates should be organized, detail-oriented and capable of and comfortable with juggling multiple projects across varying time frames to achieve results while also managing ongoing activities. The ideal candidate has prior knowledge of New York City or urban policy, an interest in the mission and work of NY4P, and enjoys working as part of a collaborative, hands- on, small-office environment. Prior experience or a demonstrated capacity in working with members of the media, advocates and community stakeholders is very useful. The position may include some evening or weekend work, and a driver’s license is preferred.
The qualified candidate has a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of communications, journalism or other related experience. An advanced degree in journalism, communications, English or other relevant specialization is helpful and may be considered in lieu of the experience requirement.
How TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter, resume, two recent writing samples and a list of professional references to the attention of Tupper Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, with the position to begin in September 2014 or as soon as possible thereafter. Compensation will be $45,000 to $55,000, commensurate with experience. Compensation package also includes a competitive benefits package.
New Yorkers for Parks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.