City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Home Visitor Specialist
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Home Visitor Specialist conducts home inspections in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Manhattan to verify whether the provider is following the enrollment agreement and acting in compliance with the regulations for enrollment. The inspections are aimed at fostering voluntary compliance with the enrollment agreement, verifying regulatory compliance, assessing risk to children from non-compliance and changing a legally-exempt provider's enrollment status if necessary.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience.
• Conduct on site inspections of currently enrolled legally-exempt family child care providers to determine whether such caregivers are in compliance with New York State Health and Safety Standards.
• When non-compliance is found, the inspector must be able to:
• Assess the safety of children in the provider’s care and the future risk to children in the provider’s care when non-compliance is found.
• Assist the provider in developing a Corrective Action Plan (CAP) which satisfactorily addresses safety and risk issues.
• Take appropriate action to safeguard children in subsidized care when the provider is unwilling or unable to meet health and safety requirements.
• Provide individual technical assistance and support.
• Enter inspection outcomes into the Child Care Facility System (CCFS) database and send appropriate notifications to parent/provider on required next steps.
• Enroll legally exempt providers into CCFS.
• Pre-approve eligible providers into the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
• Thoroughly and accurately report on, and keep accurate records of all interactions with clients.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Candidates must have an AA degree or higher in Early Childhood, Education, Social Services or a similar field. A Bachelor level degree in Education, Human Services or similar field is highly desirable.
• Bilingual ability in Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Japanese or Russian is a plus.
• Candidates must have the proven ability to multi-task, and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Candidates must also demonstrate solid computer skills and a functional familiarity with Access, Excel and Microsoft Word.
• Candidates must demonstrate attention to detail, team-mindedness, good organizational skills, and an ability to learn quickly.
• Candidates must also consistently exhibit the flexibility and adaptability to function professionally and objectively in all situations.
How TO APPLY:
To respond, send a cover letter and resume to one of the following: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: WHEDco, 1309 Louis Nine Blvd, Bronx, NY 10459 Attn: Diana Perez (Quality Assurance & Oversight Manager for Homes Inspection Unit)
WHEDco is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See www.whedco.org for more information.
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, or any other category protected by law. WHEDco follows the requirements of the New York Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.