City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
Council of Urban Professionals
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Executive Office while serving as primary liaison to internal and external partners on behalf of the Executive Director. Functions as an extension of the Executive Director by anticipating needs and proactively addressing issues with an emphasis on sound judgment, initiative and confidentiality, with appropriate but minimal direction. This position facilitates efficient execution of the Executive Director's portfolio of activities by vetting internal and external requests, directing assignments to appropriate staff, working closely with the Executive Director's direct report team, managing internal and external correspondence, monitoring the Executive Office budget, spearheading special projects for the Executive Director, taking the lead on research and briefing preparation, and managing special events. Incumbent must be able to interface successfully with internal departments and external entities using diplomacy and discretion. The position also serves as the Executive Director's ambassador in dealing with key external constituencies including the Board of Directors, members, and key stakeholders of the organization.
•Schedule Management – Oversees meeting and travel arrangements and associated logistical details and content preparation. Works closely with Leadership Team to ensure adequate time is given to the Executive Director’s strategic priorities and coordinates with other CUP staff to ensure timely completion of action items identified at meetings or otherwise specified by the Executive Director. Provides oversight of the preparation of all materials for the Executive Director schedule including travel, speaking engagements, presentations, correspondence, and other administrative functions.
•Communications Management – Proactively manages correspondence from the Executive Director’s office. Oversees the preparation, production and distribution of background and briefing materials and itineraries related to meetings, presentations, deployments, conferences, and travel.
•Executive Support – Manages Executive Director’s database of contact information. Oversees timely completion of expense vouchers and travel and expense reports. Provides strategic input to the Executive Director when appropriate on organizational priorities to aid in decision- making, problem-solving, and meeting preparation.
•Board Relations Support – Serves as the Executive Director’s administrative liaison for the board of directors and interfaces regularly with directors on behalf of the Executive Director to help maintain strong relationships with these high- profile leaders and key stakeholders of the organization. Plans and executes quarterly board meetings in collaboration with the Executive Team. Takes initiative to draft memos and materials as needed for board and related committee meetings and calls. Adheres to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in by-laws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before board meetings.
•Senior Management Liaison – Participates as an adjunct member of the Leadership Team including assisting in scheduling, agenda setting, and attending meetings. Assists in coordinating the agenda of the Executive Team and Board Leadership meeting agendas. An active participant and note taker in Leadership Team meetings to ensure that the priorities are clearly communicated.
•Development Initiatives and Correspondence Management – Works closely with the development team in coordinating the Executive Director’s outreach activities. Follows-up on contacts made by the Executive Director and supports the cultivation of ongoing and prospective relationships.
• Provides oversight of the preparation of all materials for the Executive Director’s schedule including travel, speaking engagements, presentations, correspondence, and other administrative functions
• Reviews and manages requests for speaking engagements and other public appearances, working closely with the Executive Team to ensure that selected engagements support and reflect the Council’s strategic operating plans and goals
• Monitors internal and external deadlines for the Executive Director and provides appropriate reminders
• Coordinates mailings and drafts correspondence from the Office of the Executive Director
• Communicates regularly with members of the board of directors on behalf of the Executive Director
• Provides strategic input into the planning of all board meetings (including executive committee meetings), board retreats, and any other board- related events. Works with the Executive Director and the Board Chair to develop the meeting agendas and content, and to identify the specific action/follow-up items from each such meeting; record and distribute the minutes from board meetings
• Plans and executes quarterly board meetings in collaboration with the Executive Team, and manages the production and organization of board meeting materials
• Answers and fields phone calls for the organization to the appropriate departments
• Schedules and prepares conference rooms for meetings
• Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to work stations
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operation; monitoring and purchasing meter fund
• Coordinates the delivery and pick-up of materials for events in collaboration with respective Program Assistant(s)
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience and interest in internal and external partnership development and fundraising
• Experience in working with a Board or Directors
• Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) including experience management of a CEO’s electronic calendar and inbox
• Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities in fast-paced work environment
• Excellent attention to details and conscientious in adhering to deadlines and deliverables
• An independent thinker who can bring the maturity, initiative, creativity, energy, discipline and commitment needed to support the Executive Director and collaborate with the Leadership Team
•A high-level performer with the ability to be proactive and respond rapidly to changing conditions in a fast-paced environment
•Highly collaborative with a demonstrated ability to work with and function as part of a team
•Strong organization and creative problem solving skills
•Strong oral and written communication skills; experience using social media for business or professional purposes
•Skilled at dealing with external partners respectfully, professionally and with diplomacy and tact
•Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed
•Highly discrete and able to be trusted with confidential information relating to the organization and its staff
•Ability to travel occasionally for work
How TO APPLY:
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.