City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
- Program Director- Manhattan
- Vice President, Health Homes & Care Coordination
- Director of Student Enrollment - Manhattan
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Shelter Director, Third Street Men’s Shelter
Project Renewal's Third Street Men's Shelter is a model program for 190 homeless men who suffer from addiction. We offer residents a myriad of services including individual and group counseling, vocational training, assistance with entitlements and legal problems, and on-site medical and psychiatric services. With our help, clients work in stages toward health, sobriety, housing and jobs.
We are currently seeking an experienced and inspiring leader to become the Director of our Third Street Shelter. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Managing all aspects of the program, including program budget; payroll documentation, employee performance reviews, recruiting/ supervising/ disciplining/ discharging staff; arranging in-service training schedule; managing client admissions; building maintenance, and coordinating with Project Renewal's other services.
2. Facilitating staff and team meetings.
3. Interfacing with the community, neighborhood associations, Department of Homeless Services (DHS) and other local service providers.
Master's degree in social work, counseling, psychology, family therapy or other related field or a BA with required experience. NY State CASAC preferred. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bi-lingual Spanish/ English a plus.
Minimum three (3) years as program director/senior manager in a social services program serving homeless individuals and/or individuals with addictions; five years direct clinical experience with addictions and/or mental health services; computer proficient—experience with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.
How TO APPLY:
We are offering a competitive salary, commensurate with education and experience and a comprehensive benefits package. EOE.
To apply, please submit your resume with a cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to:
Project Renewal HR Department 200 Varick Street, 9th Floor New York, NY 10014 Fax: (212) 243-4755 Email: email@example.com