City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Development and Communications Associate
Fifth Avenue Committee
Fifth Avenue Committee (FAC) seeks a full-time Development & Communications Associate to work closely with the Director of Development & Communications and the Development & Communications Coordinator to maintain and build FAC's base of foundation, corporate, government and individual support for its programs. The Associate will also support the organization's communications efforts, including supporting press outreach, communication with donors and corporate partners, developing publications and maintaining the organization's website content, its database of donors and the department's files. The department is responsible for stewarding and raising an annual portfolio of over $1.7 million in grants, contracts and contributions, and for increasing the organization's visibility.
• Drafting grant proposals, reports and correspondence and generating related support materials
• Managing the organization’s calendar of proposals, reports, funding obligations, events, publications and public outreach activities
• Developing and maintaining public relations materials, including content for the agency’s newsletter, website, blast emails and marketing materials
• Maintaining, building and refining the department’s mailing lists and database of donors and prospects
• Building mail and email lists for targeted outreach to press, peer groups and other constituents
• Planning and implementing small donor cultivation events and provide support, as needed
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Strong computer skills, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and internet research
• Flexibility, maturity and the ability to work calmly under deadline as part of a small team
• Experience with database management and familiarity with a DonorPerfect a plus
• Ability to work well with diverse constituencies
• Knowledge of community development and commitment to Fifth Avenue Committee’s mission
• Experience in non-profit fundraising or communications, including proposal writing and prospect research, database management, non-profit marketing and/or event planning preferred
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
How TO APPLY:
Email cover letter, resume, one writing sample and salary history by October 1, 2011 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must write “Development & Communications Associate Search” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls. For more information about the organization see www.fifthave.org
Fifth Avenue Committee, Inc. (FAC) is an award winning 33 year old South Brooklyn based non-profit community-development corporation whose mission is to advance economic and social justice by building vibrant, diverse communities where residents have genuine opportunities to achieve their goals and shape the community’s future. We do this principally through developing and managing affordable housing and community facilities, creating economic opportunities and ensuring access to economic stability, organizing residents and workers, offering student-centered adult education and combating displacement caused by gentrification. For more information see www.fifthave.org