City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Legislator in New York City
A progressive and proactive Democratic Legislator is seeking a Press Secretary based in New York City. The right candidate must enjoy being on top of the latest local and national news, constantly hitting "refresh" on the political blogs and monitoring Twitter for breaking news. Writing in fresh clean prose should come naturally to you.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Writing advisories, press releases, blog posts, op-eds and letters.
• Monitoring the media.
• Responding to media inquiries.
• Researching and pitching stories to media outlets.
• Composing and editing newsletters.
To be considered for this position the ideal candidate must have:
• Excellent writing skills.
• Press experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency with the web and social media.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize and handle numerous time-sensitive tasks simultaneously.
How TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should email resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note Press Secretary in subject line.