City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
INTAKE ASSESSMENT PLANNERS
NYC Administration for Children's Services (ACS)
NYC Administration for Children's Services (ACS) is a premier children's services agency dedicated to ensuring the safety of NYC's 1.8 million children and strengthening its families.
The Intake and Assessment Planners will:
• Conduct assessment interviews and conferences with juvenile delinquent youth and their families in various detention facilities determine the appropriate placement/program and level of care the youth requires that is consistent with public safety and keeps the youth close to home.
• Coordinate conferences with schools, detention facilities and other programs that may have information about the youth’s behavior and mental and emotional health to help determines the most appropriate level of service and program for the youth.
• Confer with the youth or family’s previous providers, if necessary, in order to help inform the assessment.
• Develop written reports and/or assessments for judges and attorneys and give oral presentations or testify in court on regarding the case history, underlying issues, recommendations and appropriateness of the placement plan.
• Assist families in developing realistic expectations of the placement process by offering in-depth information regarding the continuum of placement options.
• Maintain complete and accurate records in Connections or other designated system of record.
• Ensure all safety and risk concerns are fully identified and addressed.
• Report regularly to the CTH Director of Intake and Assessment concerning the progress of each child/family on assigned caseload and make recommendations to the Director concerning planning.
• Complete administrative functions, including the timely documentation and data entry.
• Complete a written assessment of the families’ strengths, needs, risks and placement referral.
• Work with the youth, the family, the service provider and other stakeholders to continually ensure that placement and any other services meet the needs of the youth and families.
• Collaborate and strengthen partnerships with a variety of community representatives and stakeholders.
The preferred candidates should possess: Proficiency in the use of the Spanish language; prior demonstrated commitment to ACS’ mission, values and core beliefs; knowledge of group conferencing processes; strong expertise in strengths-based, solution-focused, and family-centered practice; excellent group, facilitation and communication skills; working knowledge of guidelines, policies and regulations relating to child welfare, safety, permanency and well-being. The successful candidates should also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; knowledge of the use of the New York State CONNECTIONS Comprehensive Case Management System and Microsoft Office applications.
How TO APPLY:
SALARY RANGE: $61,574 – 83,038.
To learn more, visit www.nyc.gov/acs and click on the ‘Work at ACS’ link.