City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
NYC Administration for Children's Services (ACS)
NYC Administration for Children's Services (ACS) is a premier children's services agency dedicated to ensuring the safety of NYC's 1.8 million children and strengthening its families.
The Director of policy and Program Development will:
• Oversee the daily work of the policies and procedures office, which produces and maintains the agency’s formal policy and procedure documents to guide practice and system operations, working through cross divisional collaboration with programmatic and legal divisions.
• Oversee and provide support for the Program Development Office, which develops new program models in juvenile justice and child welfare, including the development and implementation of all juvenile justice programs under the Close to Home initiative and several new evidence-based preventive and foster care models, collaborate with and support the needs of the agency’s program divisions, and provides technical assistance and oversight for provider agencies implementing those services.
• Regularly represents the Division in meetings, compiles reports and manages workload and time management needs of staff to ensure timely completion of assignments; creates and improves upon existing infrastructure and systems to ensure high quality.
The preferred candidate should possess the following: A Masters of Social Work degree or Master’s degree in a related discipline, a record of proven managerial or supervisory accomplishment in a large child welfare or juvenile justice agency or a closely related human services field; excellent written and communication skills; ability to deal tactfully and effectively with diverse constituencies at all levels, as well as an extensive understanding of juvenile justice and child welfare issues; familiarity with the NY State “CONNECTION,” case management system or other automated child welfare systems; familiarity with NYC’s diverse communities; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Bilingual ability in Spanish or other languages a plus. Knowledge of child welfare, juvenile justice and evidence-based therapeutic models a plus.
How TO APPLY:
SALARY RANGE: $49,492 - $136,198.
To learn more, visit www.nyc.gov/acs and click on the ‘Work at ACS’ link.