City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
NYC Administration for Children's Services (ACS)
SEVERAL JUVENILE COUNSELOR POSITIONS AVAILABLE!!
NYC Administration for Children's Services (ACS) is a premier children's services agency dedicated to ensuring the safety of NYC's 1.8 million children and strengthening its families.
The Juvenile Counselor will work out of Bronx and Brooklyn facilities and will be responsible and accountable for the safety, supervision, and custody of juveniles in the custody of the Division of Youth and Family Justice.
The Juvenile Counselor will also:
• Direct, counsel, and supervise juveniles in their daily living and during programs.
• Address structure and discipline which includes verbal commands, and when necessary, physically restrain juveniles engaged in assaultive, destructive or extremely disruptive behavior.
• Resolve conflicts and respond to emergencies and disturbances as directed.
• Develop and implement constructive activity programs when juveniles are not in school. Provide a planned scheduled program for approximately eight (8) to sixteen (16) juveniles;
• Participate in small or large group counseling sessions.
• Prepare various reports such as written observation and incident reports,
• Attend, participate, and pass Safe Crisis Management training.
• Operate a motor vehicle as necessary.
• Perform all related work as deemed necessary by management.
The preferred candidate should possess the following: Ability to work weekends, on holidays and at nights, whenever required; experience within the Juvenile Justice and related systems, an understanding of the functions and operations of juvenile detention, demonstrated superior judgment, analytical ability, and management ability; experience and ability managing professionals and civil service, staff, ability to problem-solve and make decisions in a timely manner; ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines; strong organizational, written, and oral communications skills; ability to lead and work as part of a team, as well as independently, to achieve the necessary results; and the ability to prioritize tasks and undertake several critical projects simultaneously; an understanding of the functions and operations of juvenile detention.
How TO APPLY:
SALARY RANGE: $34,977 - $50,641.
To learn more, visit www.nyc.gov/acs and click on the ‘Work at ACS’ link.