City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
National Development Council
Controller, HEDC New Markets, Inc. National Development Council
HEDC New Markets is seeking a qualified individual to serve as Controller for it's New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) program. HEDC New Markets is a subsidiary of the NDC Housing and Economic Development Corp (HEDC), an affiliate of the National Development Council, a national nonprofit focused primarily on providing quality affordable housing and economic development opportunities to underserved communities throughout the USA. HEDC currently manages ten multi investor low income housing tax credit funds totaling over $500 million and has received more than $600 million in NMTC allocations. HEDC has also financed and developed over $2.0 billion in public facilities. The Controller will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and work closely with the Managing Director, Director of Asset Management, HEDC Controller and Deputy CFO. The position will be located in NDC's New York City office and will involve occasional travel.
• Prepare and maintain internal financial and accounting records,
• Prepare financial statements on a quarterly basis,
• Assist external auditors throughout the annual audit process and preparation of tax returns,
• Review audits and tax returns prepared by external accountants for multiple related entities,
• Review project level financial statements and provide timely, in-depth analysis to members of the asset management team,
• Prepare additional qualitative and quantitative reports required by investors,
• Assist in designing, maintaining, and improving internal control procedures.
• Assist in servicing efforts, including but not limited to preparing invoices and interest coupons, as well as initiating financial transactions.
• Assist in implementation and management of loan servicing and asset management database software.
The prospective candidate should be a Certified Public Accountant with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in either public accounting or nonprofit financial management. The candidate should have experience in the preparation of tax returns and be familiar with the New Markets Tax Credit Program and other federal and state tax credit programs.
• Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills as well as a high level of attention to detail,
• Effective written and verbal communication skills,
• Ability to work effectively with internal asset management staff as well as external accountants and investors,
• Impeccable personal integrity and ability to maintain confidential financial information,
• Computer literacy in contact management, word processing, Quickbooks, spreadsheet and database programs.
How TO APPLY:
Email resume to email@example.com