City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Client Relationship Manager
NYC Administration for Children's Services (ACS)
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
The Administration for Children's Services (ACS) is the City of New York's agency responsible for child welfare, juvenile justice, child care, and Head Start. Our dedicated team of 6,500 employees, with an annual budget of $2.8 billion, protects and promotes the well-being of our City's children, youth, and families each day. ACS is seeking a talented candidate to serve as a Client Relationship Manager (CRM).
The CRM will identify and oversee IT needs with regard to Systems Development, Network Services, Telecom and Help Desk/Desktop Support.
Specific duties will include:
- Act as liaison internally with the Division of Family Support Services (FSS) Deputy Commissioner and key managers, as well as the division's IT liaison.
- Represent MIS with external organizations and other government agencies as necessary, in order to facilitate work with regard to FSS' needs. Such organizations may include, but are not limited to the: Human Resources Administration (HRA), Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS), and Contracted Agencies.
- Understand the general operations of Family Support Services (FSS) and recommend IT services/solutions.
- Oversee all of FSS' IT initiatives and systems development projects, including becoming familiar with and supporting all of the division's existing systems, as well supporting the enhancement and replacement of many of these outdated applications.
- Facilitate resolution of all MIS issues related to FSS' systems.
- Manage MIS request/justification process by working with Family Support Services (FSS) and the MIS Project Management Office (PMO) to track project status, resource needs, etc. in order to get FSS' IT needs addressed appropriately.
- Track status of all MIS requests from Family Support Services by utilizing MIS standard project management systems to indicate such things as project status, timeline, resource assignments, and risks.
- Collaborate with other areas within MIS to ensure timely and quality deliverables and support are provided to Family Support Services (FSS). Work with managers of the PMO, Programmers, Business Analysts, Production Support (testing, documentation, training, application support and quality assurance) and MIS Budget and Procurement groups, as well as with those of the network services areas, including DBAs, Server Management, Infrastructure and Security, Help Desk, Desktop Support, Asset Management, and Telecomm.
- Assist with and/or conduct business analysis when necessary.
- Work with the programming team to troubleshoot and resolve application problems for the users.
- Facilitate the writing of CPs (Certificate to Proceed) and other budget and procurement documents in conjunction with our MIS Budget/Procurement Office.
- Collaborate with and manage consultants as necessary for systems requirements and development work.
- Conduct analysis and recommendation surrounding Fraud Investigation and Prevention measures with our General Counsel's Office and DOI.
The preferred candidate should possess a minimum of 5-7 years experience in Systems Development project management including prior experience in business process redesign and child welfare system development; a strong comfort level and experience with supporting VB/Microsoft Access as well as Java and Oracle systems; excellent analytical writing skills; strong interpersonal communication skills; understanding of FSS' functions including knowledge of FSS's primary system of record PROMIS, Preventives Services, Medical Services, and the Office of Advocacy Working knowledge of human services in New York City and the Federal and State claiming processes associated with Child Welfare; foster care and preventive service.
Salary range is $64,571 - $74,257. To learn for and learn more about the position, visit www.nyc.gov/acs and click on the ‘Work at ACS' link. EOE.
How TO APPLY: