City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Justice and Legal
- Social Service and Agency
- Advocacy and Community Organizing
- View All Jobs
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT Intake Specialist
We value experience with corporate law firms, volunteer-based social service organizations, immigration, family or matrimonial law matters, and/or domestic violence issues. Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook required. Skills in SQL, Crystal Reports, basic HTML, SPSS, database management reporting, statistical analyses and outcomes measurement a plus, but not required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical insurance, 401K plan, and liberal vacation policy.
inMotion is an equal opportunity employer
Responsibilities: The Intake Specialist conducts intake with women, often victims of domestic violence, who need free legal representation. Duties include:
• Perform intake with prospective clients by telephone.
• Perform intake in-person with prospective clients at the Bronx, Queens or Brooklyn Family Justice Centers.
• Provide brief information and/or referrals to women seeking assistance.
• Assist staff attorneys on immigration, family law, and divorce matters as needed, and follow-up with clients.
• Work with staff and volunteers to refine intake, referral, database entry and evaluation procedures.
• Recruit, train and supervise in-house volunteers and interns on intake procedures and client database.
• Assist staff with all aspects of organizing and implementing volunteer lawyer recruitment and trainings.
• Assist with case placement.
• Provide statistical information, database and administrative support
Qualifications: We seek a self-motivated and self-directed team-player with a bachelor’s degree who possesses outstanding organizational, interpersonal, communication, writing and computer skills.
Fluency in Spanish is required.
How TO APPLY:
Application: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. A writing test is required. No phone calls, please.
Hiring Organization: Since 1993, inMotion has helped thousands of women free themselves from abusive relationships, stay in their homes and win the financial support to which they—and their children— are legally entitled. Our mission is to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of women—low-income, under-served, and abused—by offering them legal services designed to foster equal access to justice and an empowered approach to life. We fulfill our mission by providing free, quality services, primarily in the areas of matrimonial, family and immigration law, in a way that acknowledges mutual respect, encourages personal growth, and nurtures individual and collective strength. We also work to promote policies that make our society more responsive to the legal issues confronting the women we serve. This position will be based in our Manhattan office, but will require weekly work in one of our offices in the Brooklyn, Bronx or Queens Family Justice Centers.