City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Program Officer - New York
Single Stop USA
Single Stop USA seeks to hire a Program Officer who will be responsible for working on the roll-out, delivery and management of Single Stop USA services through community-based organizations in the cities in which Single Stop USA operates, and monitoring Single Stop USA's progress.
• Works with NY Program Director to manage NY grantees and help ensure the successful implementation of the Single Stop model at partner sites.
• Collaborate on the development of new projects, including researching and vetting prospective grantees.
• Assist the VP of Programs and Director of NY Programs with the preparation of grant reports.
• Attend meetings, conduct site visits, review grantee submissions, and track grantee performance.
• Work with grantees to identify potential enhancements to project development and to ensure that contractual objectives are met, and programs are within budget.
• Understand and analyze data pertaining to NY programs.
• Work in consultation with local funders – providing them with quantitative and qualitative information on site and project performance.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with stakeholders to support program development and implementation.
• Contribute to quality improvement of the organization and Programs division, including facilitating internal communication and evaluation, specifically as it informs future program development.
• Provide written evaluations and recommendations for new grant recipients and renewals for existing grantees.
• Facilitate best practice sharing amongst sites and propose improved service offering.
• Develop a strong competency with Single Stop USA’s benefits screening tool, database and reporting procedures.
• The Program Officer reports to the Director of NY Programs.
• Commitment to Single Stop USA's mission.
• Master's degree in social work, management or public administration or other related field.
• 2-5 years of work experience, preferably at a nonprofit or a related field.
• Experience and/or commitment to working with low-income families and individuals.
• Experience working with data and providing quantitative analysis.
• Ability to work on a team and to also independently establish priorities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; collegial, energetic, able to develop productive relationships with colleagues, grantees and others who contribute to program development and management. Works well with and welcomes opportunities to work across diverse cultures.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete multiple task requirements simultaneously.
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Must have computer software skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience working with veterans and/or seniors a plus.
• Knowledge of public benefits and tax credits, and experience facilitating the delivery of public benefits is a plus. Salary commensurate with experience.
How TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Program Officer” in the subject line.