City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Program Officer - New York
Single Stop USA
Single Stop USA seeks to hire a Program Officer who will be responsible for working on the roll-out, delivery and management of Single Stop USA services through community-based organizations in the cities in which Single Stop USA operates, and monitoring Single Stop USA's progress.
• Works with NY Program Director to manage NY grantees and help ensure the successful implementation of the Single Stop model at partner sites.
• Collaborate on the development of new projects, including researching and vetting prospective grantees.
• Assist the VP of Programs and Director of NY Programs with the preparation of grant reports.
• Attend meetings, conduct site visits, review grantee submissions, and track grantee performance.
• Work with grantees to identify potential enhancements to project development and to ensure that contractual objectives are met, and programs are within budget.
• Understand and analyze data pertaining to NY programs.
• Work in consultation with local funders – providing them with quantitative and qualitative information on site and project performance.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with stakeholders to support program development and implementation.
• Contribute to quality improvement of the organization and Programs division, including facilitating internal communication and evaluation, specifically as it informs future program development.
• Provide written evaluations and recommendations for new grant recipients and renewals for existing grantees.
• Facilitate best practice sharing amongst sites and propose improved service offering.
• Develop a strong competency with Single Stop USA’s benefits screening tool, database and reporting procedures.
• The Program Officer reports to the Director of NY Programs.
• Commitment to Single Stop USA's mission.
• Master's degree in social work, management or public administration or other related field.
• 2-5 years of work experience, preferably at a nonprofit or a related field.
• Experience and/or commitment to working with low-income families and individuals.
• Experience working with data and providing quantitative analysis.
• Ability to work on a team and to also independently establish priorities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; collegial, energetic, able to develop productive relationships with colleagues, grantees and others who contribute to program development and management. Works well with and welcomes opportunities to work across diverse cultures.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete multiple task requirements simultaneously.
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Must have computer software skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience working with veterans and/or seniors a plus.
• Knowledge of public benefits and tax credits, and experience facilitating the delivery of public benefits is a plus. Salary commensurate with experience.
How TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Program Officer” in the subject line.