City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Family Dynamics Family Counselor
- Legislative/Policy Director (Full Time Position)
- Campaigns Director (Full Time Position)
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
New Yorkers for Parks
We are seeking a Finance Associate to carry out the organization's fiscal and bookkeeping activities. The position is three (3) days/week and is based in lower Manhattan.
Responsibilities: - Full-charge bookkeeping, including but not limited to processing and recording cash receipts and accounts receivable, accounts payable, journal entries, pre-paid expenses and payroll entries - Transferring funds between accounts to cover monthly cash flow needs and preparing bank reconciliations - Processing semi-monthly payrolls and payments for employee benefits - Preparing monthly close and related reports, including board designated fund and cash flow projections - Preparing quarterly allocation schedules based on staff data - Preparing annual reports and forms, including 1099s and Form 5500 - Assisting with annual audit and Form 990 preparation - Assisting with annual budget preparation - Preparing miscellaneous reports and financial schedules as required
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related area is required.
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Three (3) years of related experience, including experience with non-profit accounting and/or bookkeeping - Working knowledge of QuickBooks - Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook - Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail and accuracy - Strong verbal and inter-personal skills
How TO APPLY:
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Yorkers for Parks (NY4P) is the citywide independent organization championing quality parks and open spaces for all New Yorkers in all neighborhoods through an integrated approach of research, advocacy and strategic partnerships. NY4P conducts research and develops tangible policy recommendations around its findings related to park development, management and sustainability. Using this research as a foundation for its advocacy campaigns, NY4P promotes adequate and equitable distribution of resources throughout the city’s park system, and transparency and public participation in policy and budget decisions.