City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Health Care Project Director
The Health Care Project Director is responsible for leading Seedco's Health Care enrollment projects including, Seedco's Healthcare Facilitated Enrollment contract with the New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH) and CHIPRA contract with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), including performance monitoring, providing TA to CBOs, fiscal oversight, operations management, coordinating funders' reports, and staff supervision.
The Health Care Facilitated Enrollment Program is an initiative to expand accessibility and ease the process of applying for government sponsored health insurance programs, providing community based alternatives to the local Department of Social Services (LDSS) for individuals to apply for health insurance. The Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (CHIPRA) Outreach and Enrollment Grant seeks to identify and enroll eligible but uninsured children from minority and English as a Second Language (ESL) families in Medicaid and CHIP programs. Seedco implements the CHIPRA initiative in four cities— Atlanta, Memphis, Baltimore and New York City.
In addition, the Health Care Project Director will assist with pursuing additional opportunities to shape and participate in health care enrollment projects in the four cities mentioned above as well as other geographies that Seedco in and has operated in, such as Connecticut and Illinois.
• Manage subcontracts with CBOs to ensure they are compliant with program regulations and meeting performance targets; conduct regular site visits and check- in calls, generate performance reports, provide TA around performance challenges; and assist in designing and refining program flow/structure and staffing;
• Provide fiscal oversight for the Facilitated Enrollment and CHIPRA contract, including invoices, vouchers, expense and CBO spending review and tracking, and budget modifications;
• Monitor program performance on an ongoing basis and maintain quality control of program by strategizing and implementing solutions for any problems that arise;
• Provide supervision, guidance and support to the 2 assistants and 1 Facilitated Enroller on the 915 FE team to ensure that responsibilities are carried out and the program runs smoothly and efficiently; activities include overseeing scheduling of mobile FE work, monitoring QA process, and staff workload management;
• Serve as primary liaison to NYS DOH and CMS program officers and HRA;
• Train new FEs at Seedco and CBOs and provide ongoing training when there are programmatic or staffing changes, such as due to new policies and procedures dictated by Seedco, HRA and NYS DOH;
• Monitor developments in the public health insurance field and participate in meetings and forums to share best practices with the field, as well as identifying opportunities to expand the FE program;
• Develop and disseminate information to internal and external audiences, such as reports, presentations, and workshops;
• Craft proposals and concept papers for new health care enrollment contracts;
• Support the work of Seedco staff on health care related enrollment projects beyond FE and CHIPRA;
• Represent the organization at conferences and in workgroups and coalitions related to the public health insurance field; and
• Develop and coordinate marketing and outreach campaigns.
Education and Related Work Experience:
• MPA, MPH, MPP, or other graduate degree required;
• At least 5+ years of relevant experience in non- profit management, non-profit setting, healthcare advocacy, or healthcare management;
• Supervisory experience preferred;
• Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or with government contracts;
• Basic knowledge of public health insurance programs, including Medicaid and CHP; and
• Ability to effectively manage partnerships.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills required;
• Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually; and
• Must be able to manage multiple projects.
How TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to: email@example.com, with the subject line “Health Care Project Director (Ref# 12-045)”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization founded in 1987 that works to advance economic opportunity for people, businesses, and communities in need. Seedco’s work focuses on three primary areas: workforce development, work and family supports, and community finance and small business services. Seedco is a leader in implementing innovative, multi-partner initiatives that foster financial advancement and security. Learn more at www.seedco.org.