City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Graham Windham, an award winning child welfare agency is seeking a qualified professional for their Family Permanency Planning Services/TFFC Program in The Bronx.
Reporting to our Unit Supervisor, you will provide and coordinate excellent quality care and healing to the children in Graham Windham’s TFBH program, and ensure that every one of the children on the caseload is living in a nurturing, safe, and permanent family as quickly as possible. Creates, with families, service plans for families and children that are inclusive of stakeholders’ input; build on client strengths; that are realistic, culturally competent, provide meaningful assistance, attend to the child’s mental and behavioral health, and are accordance with City, State and Federal Regulations. Ensures that children are safe and well cared for in the foster home through development and maintenance of positive working relationships with the child and foster parents, regular contact with child/foster parent, monitoring of the child’s behavior plan, and immediate response to early signs of disruption. Attends to the child’s need for supportive and therapeutic services by ensuring that each child is actively engaged in treatment, structured recreation, mentoring, and other programs as indicated. Ensures that each child is progressing towards permanency with the goal of achieving permanency within a year. Recommends and prepares for TPR, ICPC, surrenders, adoptions, custody arrangements, etc., as needed. Regularly appears in Family Court hearings related to the children and families served. Supervises family/sibling visits both at the agency and off site. Attends & plays an active role in Family Team Conferences (FTC’s), 20 Day Conferences, Parent to Parent Conferences, and Cluster Meetings. Responds to client emergencies in an appropriate time frame/ timely manner within or outside of work hours. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Genuine Love for working with children, teens, families and foster families.
• B.A. and B.S. in Human Services, Social work or related field. MSW strongly preferred.
• 2 years minimum child welfare experience with at least one (1) year of direct foster care experience.
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines, remain calm and composed under stress, manage crisis situations.
• Computer literacy including Microsoft Word, spreadsheets and CONNECTIONS
• Clear and concise oral & written communication skills.
• Familiarity with ACS, OCFS, OMRDD, DYCD and other relevant municipal and state agencies.
• Willingness to travel in within the 5 boroughs of New York City & Long Island & Westchester County.
• Ability to work with diverse populations (including LGBTQ) and cultures, process information and respond appropriately.
• Bilingual Preferred
How TO APPLY:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits. Email resume with cover letter and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE/AA. Please indicate “Case Planner” in the subject line of your email. www.graham-windham.org