City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Teachers College, Columbia University
The Community College Research Center (CCRC), an interdisciplinary, internationally recognized research organization focused on the study of community colleges, is seeking a full-time project assistant to support all Center activities. The position begins immediately. Include with application your resume, cover letter, and writing sample.
- Co-manage the planning, organization, budget estimates and logistics of seminars, conferences, meetings, including travel arrangements. - Manage the purchase, maintenance, and set up of office equipment, including troubleshooting computer hardware and software issues for all staff. - Arrange for services on behalf of the department with internal departments and external vendors. - Manage/maintain office inventory and order new supplies, anticipate needs of more than 40 staff members. - Proofread, copy-edit, and format reports, proposals, research papers, and meeting and conference materials. - Assist center staff with a variety of project-related tasks such as communicating with research sites, expense estimates and travel arrangements. - Draft correspondence and prepare presentations for senior staff - Research the most effective products for a variety of operational needs. - Answer, screen and forward incoming telephone calls, representing the Center to our funders, education leaders, government liaisons, policy makers, researchers and many others. - Take care of mailings, filing, faxing, duplicating, office errands and other tasks as needed. - Perform research related interviews and data collection as needed. - Manage electronic mailing lists; enter and maintain data on online databases, as well as updating office procedures on Google docs and shared files. - Take minutes/notes at meetings and prepare for distribution to staff as needed.
- Minimum of 2 years office/administrative experience - Bachelor's degree - Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as strong library skills. - Excellent editing skills: candidate should be able to suggest revisions and make basic editorial and formatting changes to reports and papers. - Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and E-mail, and be comfortable learning new programs through on line help services and written manuals. (At least intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Gmail.) - Minimum of one year experience with troubleshooting computer hardware and software problems (assistance is available from the TC Computing Center). - Reliable, responsible, detail oriented, highly organized, and demonstrated initiative. - Able to work independently and collaboratively on several projects simultaneously, prioritize, and anticipate and meet deadlines.
- Masters level coursework - Recent Teachers College administrative experience with working knowledge of procedures such as purchase requisitions and accounts payable - Intermediate skill level in Access or other project management software - Working experience with an academic research organization - Intermediate proficiency with Macintosh operating system
How TO APPLY:
Submit application, resume, cover letter and writing sample online: https://careers.tc.columbia.ed u/applicants/Central? quickFind=52889