City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Housing, Urban Planning, Real Estate
- Advocacy and Community Organizing
- View All Jobs
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Director of Policy
Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
The New York City office of the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) seeks a senior-level professional to fill the position of Director of Policy. This position reports to the LISC NYC Managing Director.
• Create and manage the development of a policy strategy.
• Collaborating with Managing Director, LISC National Policy and senior staff, and outside consultants in the formulation and implementation of overall strategies for NYC LISC office.
• Develop and implement a policy strategy for NYC LISC. Maintain knowledge of the federal, state, and local community development policy issues and budgets. Actively participate in external policy committees.
• Develop and maintain relationships with elected officials and their staff – as well as government agencies policy staff, on a variety of issues (e.g. HUD Section 4 Capacity-Building Program and tax measures – LIHTC and NMTC.)
• Actively participate in the policy dialogue regarding the preservation of affordable housing and maintain a detailed understand of federal, state and local regulations.
• Conduct research and participate in writing reports and white papers on programs and issues that intersect with the policy strategy.
• Coordinate media relations through press releases and serve as press contact with major media outlets. Work closely with the Communications team.
• Target and secure appropriate speech and presentation opportunities for Managing Director and appropriate staff. Draft correspondence, speaking points and speeches for the Managing Director’s public engagements.
• Perform other responsibilities as needed by Managing Director.
Candidates must have experience managing and/or creating projects to strengthen policy activities. The candidate must also have experience in the community development industry. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively with coworkers and representatives from the nonprofit, corporate, philanthropic and public sectors. Candidates must have the capacity to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and projects, set priorities for a challenging workload, and are positive, solution-oriented professional. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required. Minimal US travel.
A Bachelors degree and 6 years of related experience are required; graduate level education is a plus.
Competitive salary, excellent benefits.
How TO APPLY:
Competitive salary, excellent benefits. Please send cover letter and resume via e-mail to:
Local Initiatives Support Corporation
501 Seventh Avenue, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10018
LISC is a national nonprofit organization, which provides financial and technical assistance to neighborhood-based nonprofit community development corporations (CDCs) working to improve housing and economic conditions in distressed neighborhoods. The New York City program works with CDCs and community-based entrepreneurs throughout the city to develop affordable multi-family rental housing, homeownership opportunities, commercial enterprises and community facilities.
LISC New York City raises grants, loans and equity for strategic investments in community development organizations. We commit to working with community groups over a long period of time, providing them with consultation and training in addition to financial support to help these organizations – and the residents they serve – prosper as they improve their communities. In New York City, LISC and its affiliates have invested over $1.7 billion in nonprofit and local developers resulting in the creation of over 30,000 apartments and 2,000,000 square feet of commercial, industrial, and retail space.