City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Senior Program Officer for Operations
Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
The New York City office of the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) seeks a professional to fill the position of Senior Program Officer for Operations. This position reports to the LISC NYC Deputy Director.
Program and Operations
- Plan, design, and implement programs that support LISC’s Building Sustainable Communities initiative, including but not limited to: youth aging out of foster care, aging initiatives, and youth and education.
- Conduct program management, including overseeing consultants, working with CDCs, developing relationships with various stakeholders, and monitoring progress toward milestones;
- Manage program operations and donor activities;
- Manage logistics of training and other events;
- Write concept papers and proposals and track progress on various work plans;
- Arrange meetings, develop agendas and maintain minutes for various projects – both internal and external;
- Help NYC staff meet internal and external deadlines and track project performance;
- Manage program budgets and reporting and compliance on government and private grants, including funding transactions, disbursements, invoices, program and expense reports, and on-site compliance visits;
- Gather information for and coordinate preparation of NYC LISC program planning documents;
- Write and process grant proposals for city-wide community development groups and other organizations as necessary;
- Coordinate with outside consultants on various research projects and training programs; and
- Perform operational duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree required; Master’s degree or comparable experience preferred;
- Self-starter with at least seven years of experience working in affordable housing, economic and community development;
- Excellent research, writing, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Experience managing and implementing programs.
- Experience managing staff.
- Flexibility to interact with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Self-directed, independent worker who takes initiative and is interested in helping to create systems and processes to support this position.
- Capacity to simultaneously work on multiple tasks and projects and set priorities for a challenging workload.
- Demonstration of commitment to work in the nonprofit sector.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
How TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume via e-mail to:
501 Seventh Avenue, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10018