City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Director of Finance and Operations
National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health
The National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health is dedicated to ensuring the fundamental human right to reproductive health for Latinas, their families, and their communities through public education, policy advocacy, and community mobilization.
NLIRH is currently seeking applicants for a full-time Director of Finance and Operations. The Director of Finance and Operations will be a strategic thought-partner and play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as NLIRH continues to build capacity. The Director of Finance and Operations reports to the Deputy Director and supervises the Operations Manager. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization - the only national organization dedicated to reproductive justice for Latinas.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; and oversee all financial, project/department and grants budgeting and reporting. - Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the Treasurer and Finance committee of the Board of Directors; assess any changes necessary. - Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director and Senior Leadership Team; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status. - Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Board of Directors. - Design, implement and update all necessary financial management policies and accounting practices, including the overall financial policy and procedure manual. - Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
Human Resources, Technology and Administration
- Oversee New York and Washington, DC facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales; manage and negotiate outside contracts with third-party vendors. - Evaluate and improve NLIRH’s information technology infrastructure, implementing new technologies to support key capabilities as required for future growth. - Supervise the Operations Manager, who currently oversees the administrative functions of the New York and Washington, DC offices; manages administrative aspects of human resources, including acting as main liaison between payroll and benefits vendors; and carries out basic bookkeeping in Quickbooks among other responsibilities.
- MBA, CPA or related advanced degree required
- At least 7-10 years of financial and operations management experience, nonprofit preferred
- Ability to translate financial concepts to and to effectively collaborate with colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Technologically savvy, with experience overseeing information technology staff or vendors
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of NLIRH
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: NLIRH offers excellent benefits, including health insurance, vacation and sick leave.
How TO APPLY:
Application Process: Submit cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and three references to: Director of Finance and Operations Search, NLIRH, 50 Broad Street, Suite 1937, New York, NY 10004 or via email: email@example.com or fax to: 212-422-2556
Deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis through September 7, 2012.