City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Marketing & Business Development Manager
POSITION DESCRIPTION | HR&A seeks an entrepreneurial and creative professional with a deep interest and connection to our practice areas, to co-ordinate the firm's efforts identifying and pursuing business development opportunities, to help market the firm's capacities and to help its partners and principals maintain and enhance their position as thought leaders through publication, advertising, public appearances, and outreach to others in the field. The position will be located in the firm's New York City headquarters and will support the marketing efforts of the firm's New York, Los Angeles, and Washington DC offices.
The Marketing & Business Development Manager will work under the direction of the firm’s partners and will collaborate with its professional and administrative staff in performing all tasks. A variety of resources will be available to the Manager to undertake his or her responsibilities, including junior marketing staff, consulting professionals, and outside consultants.
A list of the Manager’s responsibilities may include:
• Identifying and recommending new business opportunities through tracking of Requests for Proposals from public and non-profit entities and through the firm’s contacts with architecture, engineering, real estate and other professionals across North America.
• Preparing and managing preparation of proposals for new assignments, including research and preparation of proposed approaches, scopes of work, and fees, as well as promotional materials about the firm’s work and track record.
• Identifying opportunities to market and promote the firm and its senior professionals within industry and professional association conferences, media interviews and publications, and other opportunities.
• Maintaining the firm’s recently updated website, www.hraadvisors.com.
• Managing the firm’s social media presence.
• Creating and managing creation of content and graphics for the firm’s collateral material.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED | Candidate should have at least an undergraduate degree in a relevant field and a keen interest in urban planning, public policy, real estate and economic development. Marketing and management skills gained through at least three years of work experience, preferably in a professional services firm, are critical, but a variety of experiences may be relevant to this position. The candidate should possess excellent organizational and writing skills, a keen eye for graphic design along with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, basic design software (InDesign preferred) and social media. He/she should be a highly motivated creative thinker with a strong capacity to work independently, who can handle a fast-paced work environment with poise and maturity. He/she should be able to manage and communicate with colleagues and senior management in a professional environment.
How TO APPLY:
SUBMISSION | Please send cover letter and resume as a single PDF document (maximum of 2 pages), with a portfolio of material if available, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that your file be named in the following format “LAST NAME.FIRST NAME.DATE.”
FIRM OVERVIEW | HR&A is an industry leader in real estate, economic development and public policy consulting with national and international clients in the public, private and non-profit sectors. The firm provides economic analysis and strategic advice for mixed-use real estate development, neighborhood and waterfront revitalization, energy efficiency and sustainability, parks and open space, and transportation and infrastructure projects. Whether we are exploring the hidden potential of an old industrial city, making the case for saving the High Line by illustrating its potential economic benefits, supporting the transformation of London’s 2012 Olympic Park into a new mixed use community, or developing a financial program for the adaptive reuse of an historic building, HR&A creates value by providing innovative and creative solutions to the complex challenges of economic development and real estate in urban environments.