City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Family Dynamics Family Counselor
- Legislative/Policy Director (Full Time Position)
- Campaigns Director (Full Time Position)
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Director of Quality Assurance
Cardinal McCloskey Community Services
Cardinal McCloskey Community Services, a leading not for profit organization based in the Bronx/Westchester is conducting a job search for a Director of Quality Assurance : The Director of Quality Assurance is a critical position in the performance management and advancement of Cardinal McCloskey Community Services (CMCS) programs, with a focus on foster care, preventive, and B2H services. The Director will report to the Vice President of Policy and Planning, work closely with the agency's senior management team, and direct a team of analysts at the staff and supervisor levels. CMCS is seeking a candidate that can take leadership, offer vision and creativity, and bring analytic and management skills to build and run a robust quality assurance operation. CMCS is pursuing a critical strategic goal to strengthen its quality assurance capacity and support a climate of learning and reflection, continuous quality improvement and accountability, informed by data and measured outcomes. The Director will be central to this effort, working with Program Directors and staff, to develop an awareness of the QA department's role in strengthening program outcomes.
• Identify key areas of performance to be tracked across CMCS programs, collaborating with program managers and agency leadership to articulate goals and expectations, and then translating those into measurable indicators.
• Develop and manage analytic capacity to produce data, reports and other information needed to monitor program performance, outcomes and quality as well as compliance with contract and regulatory requirements.
• Oversee external monitoring activities by funders, namely the NYC Administration for Children’s Services and the NYS Office of Child and Family Services, including developing a full understanding of and expertise in their standards and monitoring/evaluation methodologies, disseminating information to CMCS staff where needed, and guiding program staff in understanding and responding to oversight evaluation activities and follow-up.
• Produce, and lead staff in producing, regularly scheduled and frequent QA reports for program, management and executive staff of the agency.
• Manage, coach and lead QA staff to fulfill responsibilities of the department, explore new avenues for the department’s role in the agency, and grow professionally.
• Respond to the needs of CMCS Executive Staff and the Board of Directors, providing information and supporting them in assessing agency performance and productivity, and in strategic decision-making where needed.
• Use all available CMCS databases as well as those supported by NYC and NYS, and explore additional software as feasible to ensure a comprehensive set of data and sophisticated tools for analysis and reporting.
• Develop a forum for interdisciplinary staff review of QA data and other materials, including a case review process, to foster a reflective and open discussion of strengths, problem spots, and strategies for continuous improvement.
• Collaborate as needed with staff and managers across the agency to advance shared goals and respond to agency priorities.
• Work with Program Directors to identify staff training needs that are indicated by QA data, and assist with implementation of training, coaching and other activities to address those.
• Bring to CMCS news and research on best practice, performance management and other developments in the field of social services and non-profit management.
• Masters Degree in relevant field required
• Five or more years of experience in program management and evaluation, applied research and/or data analysis in a human services environment.
• Knowledge of child and family services, including foster care and preventive services, in NYC and NYS.
• Knowledge and skill in data analysis and development of statistical reports.
• Strong analytic, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated management and leadership abilities.
• Articulate and effective communicator, in both written and verbal form.
• Interest in and commitment to supporting and helping vulnerable children and families, and improving the quality of life for individuals who are at risk.
How TO APPLY:
If interested in this exciting position please visit our website, www.cmcs.org, to complete an application. Thank you... We look forward to hearing from you.