City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Care Coordinator/Health Homes
Catholic Charities Neighborhood Services, Inc. ("CCNS") Care Coordination Program has a Full-Time vacancy in their Brooklyn, N.Y. program location.
Catholic Charities Neighborhood Services, Inc. ("CCNS") is a not-for-profit corporation incorporated in 1947. We are a multi service social service agency with approximately 150 programs and services in Brooklyn and Queens. Among the programs operated by CCNS are day care and head start centers, mental health programs, senior centers, AIDS scattered site housing, prevention programs, residences for the developmentally disabled and a homelessness prevention program.
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefit package including pension and health insurance, along with generous paid vacation and personal days. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.ccbq.org.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens and Affiliated Agencies are committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our Agency's values, mission, and strategies. Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens and Affiliated Agencies provide equal employment to all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
• Overall day-to-day responsibility and accountability for coordinating all aspects of an assigned consumers care with complex medical and/or psychiatric co-morbid conditions and for facilitating their access to the full range of medical and psychosocial services in an efficient and effective manner.
• Duties of Care Coordinator focus on integration and coordination of physical and mental health needs.
• Act as a central point of contact for directing Medicaid eligible consumer centered care and is accountable for reducing avoidable health care costs. Will specifically handle preventable hospital admissions/readmissions and avoidable emergency room visits, provide timely post discharge follow-up, improve client’s outcomes by addressing primary medical, specialist, and behavioral health care through direct provision, or through appropriate service providers of comprehensive integrated services.
• Participates in all phases of care transition to assure that consumers received all required mental and medical follow up care and services and re-engagement of patients who have become lost to care.
• Electronically monitors and tracks data regarding consumer.
• Coordinates efforts for a high-quality, timely, safe, effective, & equitable referral or transition.
• Responsible for ensuring that care is person- and family-centered, culturally competent, and linguistically capable.
• The position requires the ability to ensure coverage in situations which require 24 hour/7 day per week response.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related Health/Human services field with two years of direct work experience with the target population OR Degree/certification in Medical and Clinical Assistance or Health profession field.
• Computer proficiency.
• The position requires a combination of skills in the areas of crisis assessment, clinical intervention, time management, organizational skills, psychosocial, and rehabilitation skills.
• Cross-cultural competency, outreach, interviewing, negotiating, engagement, monitoring, and clinical assessment skills are essential.
• Knowledge of the community medical resources and their financial requirements.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Bilingual Chinese speaking required.
• Frequent walking, standing, & climbing of stairs.
• Assisting clients with moving their belongings.
• Ability to travel within community via public transportation.
How TO APPLY:
CONTACT: DESIREE ARDUNI PHONE: 718-398-0153 EMAIL: Darduini@ccbq.org