City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Justice and Legal
- Arts, Media, and Culture
- Education and Academic
- Advocacy and Community Organizing
- View All Jobs
- Family Dynamics Family Counselor
- Legislative/Policy Director (Full Time Position)
- Campaigns Director (Full Time Position)
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
National Coalition Against Censorship
The National Coalition Against Censorship (NCAC) seeks a full-time Development Coordinator to play a key role in NCAC's growing fundraising program. This position has growth potential and is ideal for the candidate with an interest in development and public policy, civil rights, the arts or publishing.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an entrepreneurial, creative person to raise funds from individuals, corporations, foundations and an annual benefit. Reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the other staff members and Board.
The successful candidate will conduct all fundraising efforts to support NCAC's programs, including education and advocacy in support of free speech and direct assistance to writers, artists, students, teachers, librarians, and others involved in censorship disputes. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a small multi-disciplinary professional team.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for writing grant proposals, reports and budgets; writing and coordinating direct mail solicitations and acknowledgments; cultivating major donors and developing strategies for new engagement and support; supporting and assisting special event consultants for NCAC’s annual benefit gala; maintaining the donor database and development calendar; and developing and implementing new fundraising initiatives. S/he acts as staff liaison for the board development and governance committees and supervises an administrative assistant for data entry.
Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred; minimum two years experience in development for non-profits; exceptional writing skills; strong interpersonal and organizational skills; a sense of humor, flexibility, and the ability to work well with a team.
Competitive salary and health benefits. Position open until filled.
How TO APPLY:
Submit (in one combined document) cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing “Development Position” in the subject line.
The National Coalition Against Censorship (www.ncac.org), an alliance of fifty-two participating organizations, is dedicated to protecting free expression and access to information by:
1. Providing educational resources and advocacy support to individuals and organizations responding to incidents of censorship
2. Educating and empowering the public to fight censorship
3. Documenting and reporting on current censorship issues
4. Expanding public awareness of the prevalence of censorship and suppression of information
5. Working to influence judicial opinions about free expression and access to information by submitting amici briefs.