City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Director of Career and Employment Services
New York Urban League
The Director of Career and Employment Services will develop, coordinate and deliver a wide range of direct and on-line services to individuals seeking employment, job training, apprenticeships and internships. She/he will supervise a staff of two to and be responsible or cultivating relationships with employers, recruiters and businesses to fulfill their vacant workforce needs. She/he will collaborate with local community and government workforce agencies to further promote the organization's brand and facilitate the mission of the NYUL to increase the skills, job opportunities, and incomes of job seekers in New York City. Efforts and work will be focused citywide to individuals and entities within all five boroughs. The Director will use information gathered in the community to inform NYUL's work and reports directly to the Vice President of Programs and Operations and supports the work of other NYUL staff.
• Lead and administer all aspects of career and employment services including program development, implementation, evaluation, and modification of all programs.
• Coordinates local office operations with staff services, such as counseling, testing, job analysis, placement, recruitment and staff training, and human resource development to achieve program objectives
• Negotiates agreements with other state agencies to provide assistance in cooperative projects
• Aggressively tracks and reports progress of job placement and retention outcomes to ensure effectiveness of program
• Develops and presents employability and employment preparation workshops
• Develops job matching and client referral services protocol
• Instructs clients in resume writing, job search, and interviewing techniques. --
• Markets NYUL career and employment services and programs to community residents, corporations and other employers
• Develop employment resource centers/spaces
• Promotes and develops employment and on-the-job training opportunities for disadvantaged applicants: Assists employers in revising standards that exclude applicants from jobs.
• Demonstrates to employers effectiveness and profitability of employing chronically unemployed by identifying jobs that workers could perform
• Establishes relationships with employers regarding problems, complaints, and progress of placed clients and recommends corrective action
• Assists employers in establishing wage scales commensurate with prevailing rates
• Promotes and develops on-the-job training program opportunities with employers
• Identifies need for and assists in development of auxiliary services to facilitate successful job retention for applicants
• Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited college/university
• 4+ years full time work experience in related field required and ability to work independently in a faced-paced, outcome, deadline-driven work environment.
• Prior experience in job development and creating partnerships with employers, stakeholders, community organizations, and entrepreneurs
• Prior experience in recruitment and establishing and sustaining relationships with clients and stakeholders
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to lead and inspire a team.
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Experience grant writing experience
• Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint; Access a plus
How TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line "Director of Career and Employment Services".