City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Vice President, Family Services and Day Care Divis
- Director of Development
- Construction Superintendent
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER
SFDS DEVELOPMENT CORP.
Lott Community Development Corporation is currently seeking an energetic and highly skilled Assistant Property Manager to manage several rental apartment communities in East Harlem. The Assistant Property Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of several buildings and supervise the site management and maintenance staff. He/she will ensure that residents receive prompt, efficient, courteous, and quality service.
1. Monitor the collection of rent, including assisting attorneys in legal actions involving arrears and other project matters.
2. Become aware of disruptive and dangerous elements within the project site and the surrounding community and work with the community and the home office to alleviate these problems.
3. Determine and conduct staff training.
4. Prepare Monthly Rental Reports and Building Inspection Reports.
5. Provide exceptional customer service to residents and other internal and external clients.
1. Inspect the properties, prepare reports of site conditions, and arrange for repairs as needed.
2. Attend Resident Association meetings.
3. Supervise the Superintendent and administrative staff.
4. Regularly review task assignments and efficiency of maintenance personnel on site.
5. Review the submission of service requests and monitor their completion.
6. Determine the need for contract services and supervise contractors and vendors.
7. Secure the best contractor with the best price and quality, on a timely basis, within the budget and guidelines stipulated and approved under the management agreement.
8. Communicate the nature, extent and timetable for correcting maintenance problems and emergencies which arise from time to time with the Owner and Senior Management.
1. Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience, preferably in a not-for-profit organization.
2. On-site experience in managing a multi-building affordable housing portfolio.
3. Working knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credit program, HOME program, Tenant-Based Section 8 through NYCHA and HPD, and Rent Stabilization.
4. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
5. Strong leadership, communication, and team-building skills.
6. Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks to ensure that goals and deadlines are met.
7. Excellent customer service skills.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Equal opportunity employer.
Bi-lingual Spanish speaker a plus.
How TO APPLY:
Email resume, salary requirements, and references to email@example.com