City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Vice President, Family Services and Day Care Divis
- Director of Development
- Construction Superintendent
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
Special Events Intern- Heroes Breakfast
American Red Cross
This position will be responsible for supporting the chapter's Heroes Breakfast event, with special focus on event marketing and the nomination process. This person will assist and report to the Special Events Coordinator.
1. Create and complete outreach strategies to community partners to promote nominations as needed. 2. Research and follow-up on nomination prospects from news stories, staff and volunteers leads, etc. 3. Manage database of staff nominations and support overall nomination entry. 4. Assist Special Event Coordinator with coordination/planning for Committee meetings. 5. Research, solicit and secure the placement of both paid and non-paid advertising in print and online publications, as well as any other appropriate advertising media. 6. Manage and update sponsor and guest mailing lists. 7. Assist in creation of event material including Save The Dates, Invitations, HTML & E-Cards. 8. Assist with administrative tasks including mail merges, envelope stuffing, data entry, filing, acknowledgements, etc. 9. Research social media opportunities for Heroes Breakfast. 10. Other administrative duties as assigned.
-Working towards a BA in Sociology, Communications/PR, Marketing/Advertising or related field at an accredited College or University -Strong research skills -Interest in Special Events, in particular the non-profit industry -Proficient in Microsoft Word, Office and Excel. Preferred knowledge of Adobe In-Design, but not required -Excellent verbal and written communications skills -Be able to lift at least 20 lbs. -Sense of humor
Sophomore or above. Ability to work 15 hours/week (days and times can be agreed upon).
How TO APPLY:
Please send resume, cover letter and writing sample to Joanna at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please!