City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Family Dynamics Family Counselor
- Legislative/Policy Director (Full Time Position)
- Campaigns Director (Full Time Position)
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Member Services Assistant
National Association of Episcopal Schools
The National Association of Episcopal Schools, an independently incorporated, non-profit, voluntary membership organization, supports and serves the vital work and ministry of those who serve Episcopal preschools and schools, school start-up committees, and regional and diocesan Episcopal school associations throughout the Episcopal Church. NAES does so in order to enhance its work with over 450 member schools and their leaders. As part of its mission and ministry, NAES interprets, represents, and advocates for Episcopal schools in the education communities and the wider Church.
The Member Services Assistant reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for membership recruitment and retention activities of the Association. In addition, the Member Services Assistant works with the Executive Director, Associate Director, Director of Operations, and Communications & Events Coordinator; and provides administrative and logistical support for the Association's programmatic, operational and development efforts.
• Facilitate the successful completion of the annual Membership Drive. Prepare all correspondence, dues notices, special mailings, mailing lists, and follow-up retention calls. Enter all dues renewals and payments into database. Prepare welcome kits and certificates on a weekly basis.
• Provide reports to assist with the identification and cultivation of potential member schools, lapsed member schools, and new member schools.
• Make follow-up phone calls to members who have not rejoined the Association.
• Oversee recruitment and retention efforts for the NAES Corporate Subscriber Program. Identify potential subscribers; preparation of correspondence, mailings, and mailing lists; recruitment and retention phone calls; process applications and welcome kits; produce information packets for use at trade shows.
• Facilitate, with Executive Director and Advancement Committee, the successful completion of the Annual Giving campaign. Support key staff and Board with all aspects of donor correspondence, identification, cultivation, and follow-up. Prepare reports showing potential donors and generate donor solicitation letters based upon criteria set forth by the Executive Director.
• Enter all Annual Fund pledges, gifts and payments into database. Prepare pledge/gift acknowledgements on a daily basis.
• Collaborate with and support key staff and the Advancement Committee with continued efforts to increase the Association’s donor base.
• Provide administrative support for Advancement and Planned Giving Committees.
3. Communications and Social Media
• Manage the Association’s social media presence, working collaboratively with staff for content and strategy. Post all career postings, events and news items to Facebook and Twitter; develop content for use in social media outlets.
• Assist with the upload of resources, links, documents, announcements, and other materials to web site using the Association’s content management system.
• Manage the Career Postings section of the Association’s web site.
• Provide technical and logistical support for Association webinars and other virtual gatherings.
• Enter event registrations for all conferences into database; produce resource packets and name tags for all conferences as directed; assist with Biennial Conference planning and implementation as requested by Director of Operations.
• General receptionist duties: Answer/route telephone calls, faxes, e-mails; provide oral and written information upon request; greet visitors.
• General clerical: Filing, duplicating, faxing, generating correspondence, monitoring and ordering supplies.
• Accounting: Log all cash receipts; prepare deposits for Director of Operations.
• Publications: Fulfill publication orders on a daily basis; manage logistics and execute mailings; Maintain inventory; report inventory counts on periodic basis to Communications & Events Coordinator.
• Data entry: Oversee maintenance of membership/donor database; generate reports and on-demand label runs for mailings.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position requires excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to help foster a collegial and congenial working environment in a small, team-oriented office of five individuals and to enhance communication with the Association’s constituency and the general public. Bachelor’s degree with one to two years of prior membership, and/or development experience is required. The successful applicant must be a dependable, energetic self-starter and mature thinker with excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be proficient in the use of a variety of word processing, spreadsheet and database and social media applications for PCs, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and content management systems (e.g. Sitefinity). Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter) required. Working knowledge of Episcopal and/or independent schools is preferred; bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful. Hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday-Friday.
NAES offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, and 403b plan. Unfortunately, NAES cannot pay relocation costs. NAES is an equal opportunity employer.
How TO APPLY:
Please submit the following as your application: resume, cover letter, salary requirements, three references and writing sample via email to JobsNAES@gmail.com Attn: NAES Director of Operations. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.