City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Clinton Housing Development Company
Nature of Work The Building Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day management of buildings as assigned. Each building manager is assigned certain buildings for which s/he is the primary contact person. Building Managers are active on-call during the week and on assigned weekends and holidays on a rotational basis. The Building Manager-Administration additionally handles the administrative management of all CHDC managed properties including certification renewals, etc.
• Process building maintenance and repair projects and requests for assigned buildings.
• Monitor complaint log daily, process all requests, and concerns as necessary.
• Contact Director of Maintenance or Director of Housing Management before contracting vendors to complete maintenance and renovation projects for assigned building (including obtaining bids, writing purchase orders, verifying work completion
• Review and approve all bills and invoices for assigned buildings.
• Ensure that regular maintenance procedures occur, including but not limited to fuel delivery and extermination for all CHDC buildings and clients.
• Review rent arrearages for assigned buildings and meet monthly with Building Management Department to coordinate with Social Services staff on rent recovery procedures and/or commence legal actions.
• Submit rent roll adjustments for all rent roll changes for units at assigned buildings to Director of Housing Management for approval.
• Conduct and manage with Building Management team tenant screening processes from open house to move-in for buildings and clients, and assist with all CHDC Tenant Selection.
• Process annual recertification for each tax credit units.
• Prepare and deliver to HPD Sec 8 mod rehab applications, and move-in/move-out information
• Attend tenant meetings to address building management issues.
• Distribute monthly financial reports to CHDC clients.
• Attend monthly coop board meetings for assigned buildings.
• Represent CHDC in court cases that may involve rent settlements, evictions, harassment, etc.
• Act as primary contact person for city agencies when necessary.
• Produce monthly DHS Vacancy Reports.
• Maintain DHS standard incident report book.
• Provide regular supervision to superintendents and front desk staff.
• Perform annual evaluations for superintendents and front desk staff.
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
• Attend job related workshops, i.e. Tax Credit, etc.
• Act as on-call building managers on rotating weekends and holidays and back up for other building managers.
• Handle all HPD, Sanitation Department, Fire Department and Building Department violation issues, if necessary
• Schedule and manage annual boiler inspections for all CHDC buildings and clients.
• Monitor and maintain current files on multiple dwelling registrations, fuel tank permits, heating plant-
• operating certificates for all CHDC owned and managed buildings.
• Prepare and execute apartment leases and subleases for buildings and clients.
• Process multiple dwelling registrations with HPD as required by law for all CHDC buildings.
• Apply for legal rent increases through DHCR in privately owned buildings.
• Register with DHCR all rent stabilized units in all CHDC buildings.
• Produce weekly reports for departmental open tasks.
• Produce, distribute and maintain co-op meeting minutes/open tasks tracking.
Manages Front Desk Staff
Report To Director of Housing Management.
• Five years experience in property management with heavy administrative oversight; experience working with diverse populations; experience working with affordable housing preferred.
• Computer literacy including MS Office and Access; excellent administrative and organizational skills, strong written and oral communication skills; ability to juggle multiple tasks; ability to work within timeframes; Spanish speaking a plus.
Salary Range $35,000 - $40,000 (resident)
How TO APPLY:
Send all coverletter and resumes to email@example.com