City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Director of Education
The Director of Education is responsible for overall instructional practices, leads and organizes curricula and adherence to adopted practices; leads the improvement of data collection and evaluation of instructional and volunteer staff; monitors and ensures compliance with program policies and procedures. The Director of Education is required to provide overall program reports to the Executive Director and is integrally linked to all aspects of education program integrity. The Director of Education reports to the Executive Director and is ultimately, responsible for the success of the students, overall educational gains, adherence to grant requirements, education staff selection. The Director of Education will identify trends within the field, make recommendation to the Executive Director and participate in designated Board Committees. The Director of Education develops and the annual education services calendar for approval by the Executive Director.
• Curriculum and instruction, oversight of students and programs, developing job postings and descriptions, recruitment, interviewing, selection, supervision and evaluation staff.
• Assess program needs and recommend changes while participating in the budgetary process of the Education Department. Meet on a regular basis for the purposes of promoting an understanding of the educational programs, problem solving, planning and streamlining business operation of Literacy Partners, Inc.
• Oversee data intake process, operate on a continuous improvement, develop and monitor education center budgets, oversee the purchase of books and materials
• Oversee the coordination of services, community and coalition building in the Harley community through Literacy Partners Literacy Zone initiative.
• Manage multiple field locations simultaneously, including distance (web based) education programs.
• Develop partnership agreement and sub-contracts with community based organizations
• The director participates in board and selected committee meetings
• Support the strategic plan
• Arrange for staff members to attend staff development activities
• Provide strong leadership
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of adult literacy
• Minimum of 3 years of supervision or administrative experience
• Must have working knowledge of accepted HR practices and disabilities law as applied to public funding
• Experience working with and reporting to the board of directors and/or board committees
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and knowledge of leadership principles and practices
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• Master’s Degree in Education or related field
How TO APPLY:
No calls please!
Send resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax to Executive Director at 212-725-9740.