City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Strategic Communications Manager
The Strategic Communications Manager reports to and works closely with the Director of Communications in building the strategic communications capacity and impact of the Ford Foundation. Acting as the strategic communications focal point for key program areas, the Manager advises program teams on broad communications strategies as well as specific communication opportunities, and helps execute those strategies through media outreach, events, social media, and other tactics. The Manager is a core member of a small team of senior communication staff that drives overall foundation communication strategy and brand development.
In addition to frequently meeting with Program Directors and Program Officers and helping shape the communications aspects of their grant making, the Manager's day-to-day work also involves guiding the selection of communications consultants and managing these relationships; acting as a liaison between the program teams and Office of Communications web and editorial teams to develop strategic products and activities (events, web content, publications, videos, etc.); developing and executing strategic media outreach and press announcements in these program areas; and working with the VP and Director to help establish overall strategic priorities for communications.
The Manager also produces and edits key communications materials (including one-pagers, opinion pieces and messaging materials), as driven by the communications strategies described above.
Finally, the Manager works to strengthen the communications capacity of all foundation program staff by developing key learning tools and resources, including an online resource of preferred communications consultants, key communications grants, and a curated list of key resources. The Manager helps plan and lead communications workshops for program staff and grantees.
• At least 8 years’ experience in public interest communications
• Experience in fields related to the Foundation's mission and grant making
• Strong knowledge of strategic communications and media
• Experience developing and implementing communications strategies that advance social change
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Proven conceptual, analytical, research and project management skills
• Strong knowledge of the range of media outlets, including web-based
• Ability to work independently as well as in collegial, mutually supportive team environment
• Journalistic and/or government communications background
• Strong understanding and experience related to international issues
• Master’s degree in related field
• Familiarity with foundations and the nonprofit sector
How TO APPLY: