City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
New York Road Runners
Founded in 1958, New York Road Runners (NYRR) is dedicated to empowering individuals of all ages and abilities -- from beginners to competitive athletes, the young and the elderly, those of means and those who have few other resources available to them -- to improve their health and wellbeing through the power of running.
Our races, community events, instruction and training resources, and youth programs give hundreds of thousands of people each year the motivation, know-how, and opportunity to start running and keep running for life. NYRR's premier event, the famed ING New York City Marathon, attracts the world's top pro runners and committed amateurs alike while also raising millions of dollars annually for charity and driving economic impact for the City. But NYRR is equally committed to the runners of tomorrow, passionately providing youth fitness programs that educate and inspire more than 115,000 kids in underserved communities in New York City, all 50 states, and around the world.
Young Runners, one of our main youth running programs, currently seeks applicants to fill a part-time field coordinator position. Field Coordinators serve as the primary link to our running sites and help start and sustain programs by providing on-site assistance.
• Work independently at 8 - 10 sites throughout the five boroughs
• Communicate on a continuous basis with all sites via phone, e-mail and site visits and provide timely updates to the Program Manager
• Actively participate and assist coaches at practice
• Assist coaches with site development plan to help them meet the goals of the Young Runners program
• Evaluate sites to ensure the integrity and quality of the program is maintained through coach observations and interviews
• Conduct student focus groups and administer teacher and student surveys at select sites
• Troubleshoot at sites where necessary to ensure safety requirements, program philosophy and administrative guidelines are met
• Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• The professional capacity to train coaches in program operations
• Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations
• Willingness and ability to travel throughout the five boroughs
• Ability to work weekdays during the after school hours of 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• Ability to work between 20 - 25 hours a week
• Heart, humor, and a passion for both fitness and youth
• Experience in running at any level, including recreational, is preferred
How TO APPLY:
For more information about NYRR Youth and Community Services, visit our website at www.nyrrf.org. You may fax or email your cover letter and resume with "Field Coordinator" in the subject line to: Fax: 917-677-8939