City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
News Literacy Project
NLP is currently seeking a dynamic, creative, and multi-talented New York program assistant to help in the day-to-day administration of the organization's classroom program. The successful candidate will work directly with and report to the New York program manager to ensure the effective delivery of NLP's classroom program in several of its 10 partner schools.
This position starts in early December and ends at the end of May with about 20 hours per week and will require the individual to work from his or her home almost exclusively except for classroom visits and occasional meetings. All candidates must:
• Have a four-year college degree
• Be willing and able to travel to unit sites all across New York City
• Have strong oral and written communication skills
• Have excellent organization skills
• Have some experience with public speaking or classroom instruction
• Place a high priority on punctuality and prompt follow-through
• Be comfortable taking direction
This is a part-time contract position for someone who:
• Is passionate about education and enjoys working with young people
• Has some background in journalism, education, or both
• Knows how to organize and prioritize a high volume of diverse tasks
• Can efficiently coordinate and support sites where the NLP unit is being taught
• Has some digital video skills (preferred, but not required)
How TO APPLY:
If you possess the above skills and qualifications and are interested in being considered for this position, please email a concise cover letter and resume to the attention of New York program manager at NLPjobs@thenewsliteracyproject.org with "New York Program Assistant" in the subject line.
The News Literacy Project (NLP) is a rapidly-growing national organization that seeks to teach young people how to sort fact from fiction in the digital age and help teachers use the elements of quality journalism to advance critical thinking in the classroom. Each member of our small but highly productive staff works in a variety of operational areas simultaneously, including but not limited to strategy, curriculum development, outreach, classroom presentations, administrative tasks, and database management.