City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
This professional-level position, available immediately, is an exciting opportunity to join the staff at PolicyLink. The communications coordinator provides overall administrative support for the Communications Office in New York.
PolicyLink is a national research and action institute advancing economic and social equity by Lifting Up What Works®. PolicyLink connects the work of people on the ground to the creation of sustainable communities of opportunity that allow everyone to participate and prosper. Such communities offer access to quality jobs, affordable housing, good schools, transportation, and the benefits of healthy food and physical activity.
* Greeting all visitors and answering the main telephone line, taking messages and transferring calls to appropriate staff members.
* Provides phone, research, and other support as needed and directed by senior communications and program staff.
* Performs general clerical duties that include, but are not limited to, scanning, copying, faxing, and mailing.
* Maintains Outlook office calendar for the Vice President to coordinate workflow and meetings.
* Coordinates travel arrangements, hotel accommodations, and transportation services for Vice President and senior staff as needed.
* Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies.
* Provides assistance to staff members in Finance, Human Resources, and Communications and Program as needed.
* Maintains the overall upkeep and orderliness of the office which may include cleaning the kitchen, conference room and lobby area. Coordinates office maintenance with building management and outside vendors as needed.
* Assists in planning office events such as lunches, Board Meetings (in coordination with Special Assistant to the Founder and CEO), birthday celebrations, book events, etc.
* Maintains database of PolicyLink media contacts
* Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
* Interest in policy and advocacy work, housing, health, and public spending, especially related to low-income people and people of color
* Attention to detail and consistently thorough
* Ability to juggle multiple tasks and set priorities
* Excellent writing and online research skills
* Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, interest and facility in learning new data management programs
Excellent benefits including paid vacation, health, vision and dental insurance, and 401(k) retirement plan. PolicyLink is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and a welcoming workplace.
How TO APPLY:
To Apply: We invite you to apply by sending your resume, a letter of interest, a writing sample, and a list of three professional references to:
By mail: PolicyLink -- Communications Coordinator Search Committee 1438 Webster Street, Suite 303 Oakland, CA 94612 or Fax: (510) 663-4358 or e-mail to email@example.com
(include subject line: "[your name] (Office Coordinator). Position open until filled.