City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
The trainer works with adult students in preparing them to look for, gain and retain employment with the ultimate goal of becoming self sufficient. The trainer engages individuals enrolled in America Works programs in job readiness training which provides skills necessary to succeed in the current employment market. Trainer is responsible for attendance, classroom discussions and additional case management as necessary. Modules / trainings include, but are not limited to: job search skills, resume building, cover letters, interview etiquette, on-the-job skills, job retention and motivational training.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
*Administer training curriculum.
*Lead group training sessions in various modules, including job search skills, job retention, and financial literacy.
* Provide motivational training and oversee group discussions.
*Managing a caseload of participants in order to prepare them for work and provide supportive services to encourage job retention once employed.
*Oversee computer usage and provide basic computer training.
*One-to-one meetings with participants.
*Provide conflict resolution when necessary.
*Mentor participants in their transition from public assistance to work.
*Keep accurate records in a timely manner.
1. Bachelor’s degree a must. 2. Master’s in human services, training, or education. 3. Previous experience teaching adults a plus. 4. Strong customer service, communication, writing skills. 5. Positive personality capable of motivating others. 6. Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Bi-lingual a plus (Spanish, Russian or Chinese languages)
How TO APPLY:
If interested please respond with resume and brief introduction to email@example.com. Indicate position of interest in the subject line. Please reference how you learned about this opportunity.