City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Ocean Bay Community Development Corp
Ocean Bay Community Development Corporation (OBCDC) is seeking a full-time Family Service Coordinator to work closely with seniors and families in the (5) NYCHA developments. OBCDC is a non-profit organization serving the residents of the Rockaways, with particular attention to those living in public housing developments, to promote self-sufficiency.
Family Service Coordinator will:
• Coordinate services through local service delivery networks, organize community-building activities, and identify and maintain relationships with partners.
• Outreach to residents particularly seniors providing case management and follow-up, educate about education and employment opportunities, and develop individualized service plans.
• Provide referral services to job training programs, housing assistance, public assistance employment programs, etc.
• Coordinate a local planning committee, create marketing materials, and represent OBCDC at community events and meetings.
• Other duties as assigned by Lead Service Coordinator
• Bachelors’ degree preferred with at least 4 years experience in human services, or area of coordination (employment, elder, education, youth, etc.), with focus on serving low-income populations; Associate degree with 6 years of experience; or High School Diploma/GED with at least 8 years of experience.
• Strong presentation skills and ability to represent OBCDC with agencies and at community meetings.
• Excellent skills in verbal and written communication.
• Demonstrated knowledge of community service/development with focus on serving public housing residents
• Knowledge of Rockaways community a plus
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
• Self-starter, who is able to work with limited supervision
• Knowledge of MS Office applications
• Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
How TO APPLY:
Full-time position with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. Please send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to
Dorothea Moore, Lead Service Coordinator Ocean Bay Community Development Corporation 434 Beach 54th Street Arverne, NY 11692 Obcdc8@nyc.rr.com No phone calls please