City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Associate Vice President
Graham Windham, an award winning child welfare agency seeks a qualified professional for its Family Permanency Planning Services Program in the Bronx.
The successful candidate will oversee the provision of quality social services for children, youth and families in the regular foster care, adoption and aftercare units for the Family Permanency Planning Services division. Provide excellent program leadership through creating and maintaining a supportive working and learning environment .Represents the agency in public functions, in meetings and other forums with government and private funders. The Associate Vice President of Social Services directly supervises the Regional Directors of the Bronx, Brooklyn and Harlem borough offices and in close collaboration with them. Recruiting, developing and supporting a diverse, talented and committed work force; provide formal and informal supportive, programmatic and clinical supervision to supervisors; holds formal individual supervision at least bi-weekly (or more often when warranted/directed) and team meetings on a monthly basis.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field
• At least 5 years managerial experience in child welfare
• Working knowledge of NYS Homefinding and foster care procedures and regulations
• Demonstrated ability to build a team and function in a team setting.
• Demonstrated skill and experience working with foster families and youth in foster care
• Has and can teach excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated coordination, time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Possesses deep love and caring for the welfare of children, teens, families and communities, and is driven by a commitment to excellence in all that we do.
How TO APPLY:
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and benefits package. Email resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "Associate VP" in the subject line of your email. EOE/AA.