City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Explore Schools is a growing network of high-performing community schools providing nearly 1,500 students in Brooklyn with an outstanding public education. Our mission is to provide our students with the academic skills and critical-thinking abilities they need to succeed in a college-preparatory high school.
About the Position: Explore Schools is seeking a talented Finance Manager with high attention to detail and a background in accounting for an exciting role at Explore Schools' network office. The Finance Manager will provide oversight of ESI's financial activities and will receive individual training from our Director of Finance. Ultimately, the Finance Manager will manage the finances at one of our soon to be 5 charter school sites. This position provides and immense amount of room for growth and a tremendous opportunity to make a difference to make in lives of over 1,500 students and families.
• Provide oversight of ESI’s day-to-day financial management, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, grants management, payroll, 403(b) administration, and the general ledger
• Prepare month-end reconciliations including petty cash, escrow and checking accounts
• Creates quarterly, monthly and annual reports for various stakeholders; compliance reporting
• Manages month-end close process, and prepares monthly financial reports
• Participate in annual and mid-year budgets for ESI to forecast financial performance
• Analyze organizational performance, develop financial and other metrics for management and board-level reports
• Create budget documents for new and recurring grants
• Monitor grant spending and prepare end of grant reports
• Manages the financial audit and 990 preparation in partnership with Director of Finance
• Assist with the annual operating and capital budgeting process.
• An unrelenting willingness to make things happen
• Ability communicate in a direct and sensitive manner
• Professional integrity, flexibility, and a reflective attitude
• Bachelor’s degree, required
• 3-5 years of experience in finance, accounting or financial services
• School-based financial management experience strongly preferred
How TO APPLY: